Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Comments From Mittal Around 6 weeks Ago..Anyone Thinking of Protesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure a careful selection of Briatore (and Ecclestone) quotes would quite easily trump anything that Mittal or Bhattia have EVER said, when it comes to general f*ckwittery. Wouldn't even need to be selective.

I'm not sure if Pete (or others) were in favour of the last anti-Briatore protests after the Scunny home game??
    But personally I think they had a pretty positive effect in slapping Flav down a few notches, judging by the last time I looked at a league table. Which was about ten minutes ago.

Comment

w12ranger

Why exactly?

Have said and always maintain would prefer Amit/Mittal to be in full control. I've not said other wise.

My point was more to letting them get on with it, in a business professional manner instead of troopsing down to Loftus Road.

They simply don't like negativity
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I would feel comfortable with Ecclestone remaining in charge.

Just think better the devil you know.
        And i think his working class roots do give him a no nonsense attitude.
        The fact that he doesnt give a damn about his public image and is blunt is a plus for me.

Sure this is business for him and he has his own agenda.
        And his lack of emotional involvement means we wont have a Chris Wright fiasco on our hands.
        He doesnt say much but that means we get less ********.
        No way will we be relegated as people like him (or Mittel if he stumps up)
        do not lose.
        His lawyers also made mincemeat of the FA.
        If we were a club with a less powerful owner they might well have tried it on.

Problem is Bernie is 80.
        For whatever reasons he likes FB and maybe GP.
        Possibly their Italian `flair` is a counterpoint to his dour work ethic.
        I have been married to an Italian and done business with them.
        They are no strangers to double dealing and corruption but bring glamour to the table.
        They also bring chaos.
        I wouldnt trust them to run a sweet shop.

I am not convinced by the Mittel`s motives.
        Their attempts to adopt the moral highground seem confected to me.
        Their business Empire suggests they are no shrinking violets.
        The links to India via Formula 1 and the fact that football business is potentially enormous in a population of a billion with 30% under 30 years of age is also on the agenda.
        I have also done business and travelled a lot in India and am aware that they like a `bargain`and will negotiate from a very low position.
        I can see why Ecclestone might be insulted by their 50quid offer.

Either way i do not think protests are the way to go.
        There will be attempts to manipulate the fans in this game of chess from both sides.

I have been going down the Rangers since 1958 and have seen it all from Jim Gregory to now.
        Drama is in the DNA of QPR and we there will be more.

But we are now where we want to be.
        And we would have taken this any time over the last 15 years.
        So i am feeling positive whatever the outcome of the wheeler dealing.

Having said that,the season ticket hike in prices is Draconian.
        It would be a shame if loyal fans are priced out of their passion.
        http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Comment

Originally posted by bobby View Post
          ...Having said that,the season ticket hike in prices is Draconian.
          It would be a shame if loyal fans are priced out of their passion.
          The ST price rise is the least of the disgrace.

It's the "other" underhand, greedy, nasty little surprises that show the people responsible for them up for what they are. What they stand for.
          And as far as I know, that's not something Bhattia agreed with, and for that reason... I would FAR rather see those fellas in charge.

And I suspect(?) if you asked NW, he'd agree. Which would help the whole club, players, staff, and in the end... the fans.

But you're right. Even if it isn't an ideal situation to be in, I'd take this over most scenarios we've been in recently.
          It's just the shadow of Briatore that spooks everyone here. He needs to be kept away from the football side of things. Needs a restraining order put on him by Warnock.

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
            Do you have a link to the full interview? Quotes can be taken out of context....
            Here: http://www.mihirbose.com/index.php/q...ansfer-market/

Comment

So peter you want the mittals in charge so you start a thread like this! Mmmmm the plot thickens!
              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                So peter you want the mittals in charge so you start a thread like this! Mmmmm the plot thickens!
                He also said if GP was guilty of anything, he should be sacked.............

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                  He also said if GP was guilty of anything, he should be sacked.............
                  when he gets time to read the report , then he will decide
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

in fairness i think the report basically found that gianni wasn't guilty of any corruption, just total utter incompetence. not saying that makes him fit to run a football club but it does mean he isn't "guilty" as such.

Comment

Guilty is guilty and it cost us nearly £875,000

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        Guilty is guilty and it cost us nearly £875,000

Comment

Working...
                        X