Left back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left back

The one position I haven't seen anyone link us with yet is a left back.

I don't see the point of buying a right back and playing him out of position. Warno is a huge fan of Hill - could he be planning to keep him as first choice next season?

Clint Hill against premiership pacy wingers is a concern. Infact our defence is a massive concern and although names like Jenas have been mentioned we should be looking at changing the whole defence IMO as a priority.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Well I agree.

Can see Warno probably thinks he needs some real battlers in the dressing room because we are going to be thumped by three or four goals on occasion this season and he will want some blood and guts type players.

But one of the main differences between the prem and championship is in the champ a full back's main role is still to defend but in all half decent prem sides the fullbacks bomb forward and become two extra midfielders/ wingers. As our midfield will be over-run a lot of the time anyway, this is going to be vital for us.

Comment

Swedish ace Oscar Wendt was linked to us a few weeks ago. He is very good.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Spot on and david Bardsley and Clive Wilson were great full backs defensively and offensively. We won't ever find gems like them but we need better than hill and Orr, infact more so Orr.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I can't really think of many potential left back targets from the Championship and all the decent Prem players are already at big teams. Ian Harte getting into the Championship team of the year says it all really.

Only one I can think of is Ridgewell. Or maybe Van Aanholt on loan from the ****.

How long before we here Tommy Spurr's name mentioned for the 80th season in a row!

Comment

IMO we need a new RB, LB and two new CB's. I like Hill but he isnt even that good at Championship level and the same with Orr. I'd much rather have Hill play CB he just doesnt have the pace to play LB.
              Estamos QPR

Comment

Defence is a big worry for me personally!!! We need some pace in that back four and another decent cb!!!
                I have faith in neil though and im sure every avenue is being covered!!!
                Would love to see bassong, ridgewell or r. johnson in a hoops shirt next year. Naughton and maybe a surprise from a foriegn team as a lb would be nice aswell!!

Comment

The most important position we need to fill, Hill verses pace is quite frighting, also Hill on the big pitches in the prem ie Emirates. Warnock at Villa has been frozen out by Houllier, how about Paul Robinson (Bolton) ? Bring him in massive experience, or the young Chelsea lb on loan at Reading for a while (forgot his name) . We do need a left back though.

Comment

Just a thought.
                    Patrick Van Aanholt has signed a new deal at Chelsea this week, was on loan at Leicester last season, worked well with Kyle Naughton.
                    Young, quick, tall, Dutch (whatever that counts for!) and probably ready for a step up.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

Thats him Van Aanholt !!

Comment

should go back in for tosic.
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                        Lovejoy: "No?!"
                        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X