Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undisclosed fees

Plea no. 1 to the club post the Faurlin saga:
    Some honesty please; none of this 'for an undisclosed fee' or 'a deal worth', just say what the full transfer fee is and be done with it.

Can anyone shed any light why there is so much secrecy? You may say that its to avoid letting other clubs know what we are spending, but surely they'll know through contacts / agents. If its to "manage the accounts' then ffs, do not draw attention to the fact there is a potential fiddle going on. Just report the fee and be done with it!

Considering the Faurlin case, surely we want MORE undisclosed fees ?

Bearing in mind, the fact that £3.5M was mentioned, is what encourages the FA to investigate further.

I hate 'undisclosed', I'd much rather know what we paid, but if it keeps us out of future investigations, so be it.

Comment

I've always assumed that a large chunk of Faurlin's transfer was add-ons like number of appearences,promotion,becoming an international etc..

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
        I've always assumed that a large chunk of Faurlin's transfer was add-ons like number of appearences,promotion,becoming an international etc..
        You'd have thought so, but that doesn't seem to have been the case. At the time, I posted on here that the chances were it included his wages; say 10k per week = around 2m over four years, which appears to be closer to the truth!

...and QPR1976, surely to point is to be transparent rather than leave ANYTHING undisclosed, that might attract further review?

I can't help but think that the FA are going to be very stung by what has happened and we need to be whiter than white over the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
          we need to be whiter than white over the coming years.
          Not gonna be easy for Briatorie and Paladini.

Comment

You right, we need transparancy but an awful lot of clubs use the undisclosed fees.

Quite often its an agreement between the two clubs and sometimes even the club you are buying the player from.

For example a club might have a get out clauses (based on fees) and don't their fans knowing what it is.

Do agree all football clubs should say exactly what they pay for a player. Quiet often what you get now with Carroll and Bent deals for example, what its potentially worth, not what they paid.

premier League and Football league need to bring in tougher regulations
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Think some clubs agree to undisclosed when they sell a player for peanuts to get shot of them.Less chance of fans getting the hump.

Comment

Working...
              X