Robbie Keane poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Keane poll

See we're being linked again this morning. I think he is past it now or spurs would have kept him otherwise, had a terrible season on loan at west ham (did anyone actually see him play during this time I did and he looked mediocre)

I'm gonna swerve him and say no
    Yes
    67.92%
    No
    32.08%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by LoftusRd; 24-05-2011, 09:26 AM.

Terrible season, with a poor team with low morale and low creativity...

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
      Terrible season, with a poor team with low morale and low creativity...
      Very true, why would spurs loan him out if he was as prolific as 2 season's ago though. Think he has lost the form of late, still at the age of 30 still able to do a job IMO although I don't see him fitting our current 4231 formation unless NW goes 442 don't see much point in him coming.

Comment

Your nuts.

Robbie Keane is a very capable striker & one who knows where the net is. Forget him playing a bit part for a sh!te WHU side in turmoil at a settled club I'd back him to do well.

This has 100% got legs, got told from an impeccable source on Saturday, W12 Ranger knows the source & I'm sure will agree its top notch.

Sign him up!!

Comment

Agree Ric he would be a very decent signing for us.

He must be on 60k a wk ric and can't se him taking a drop in wages though?
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Rob keane is quality
            R's

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              Your nuts.

Robbie Keane is a very capable striker & one who knows where the net is. Forget him playing a bit part for a sh!te WHU side in turmoil at a settled club I'd back him to do well.

This has 100% got legs, got told from an impeccable source on Saturday, W12 Ranger knows the source & I'm sure will agree its top notch.

Sign him up!!
              What formation would you play him in and what formation do you expect NW to use in PL?

Would be a good signing, just wonder if NW is gonna go 442 if AT goes or stick with 4231 if he stays? NW likes a big man which Robbie isn't.

Comment

Robie Keane is 32 next month, his best days are behind him and he is the exact kind of player Alan Sugar identified as killing football clubs, as he is an average player on above average wages and will be sitting on the bench. There are younger, hungrier players available who also know where the net is and we could get a transfer fee from them after as well.

Comment

Linked also in the Irish papers,yes his best days are behind him(obviously) but look who have have at present,Hulse! Clarke!! Angyemang! And a 33 year old HH,so miles better than any of them,so YES I would like him

Comment

Was a bit concerned by that interview this morning - mentioned he had played for eight clubs, said he would probably be moving on and how Spurs would be looking for some money, even how he might consider the Championship - all sounded to me like a player thinking about the money for a last pay day. A Robbie Keane on top form would be in a different league to any attacker we might have at the club - including possibles like Graham - but think we should rely on Warno to make a judgement on whether he still has it. Always remember us signing Mark Hateley when he was absolutely shot.

Comment

Definite No for me.

Much better options elsewhere and he couldn't even get into a relegated West Ham team
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Cannot believe some people do not want to sign Robbie Keane because " Spurs will let him go"????

Are you deluded?? Spurs are a top 4/5 Premiership side. Who reached the Quarter Final of the Champions League. They are leagues ahead of QPR in terms of quality. If one of their players is not good enough for Spurs he is still more than likely good enough for QPR.

Would sign him in a flash. Great player and a born goalscorer. Would score plenty for QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          Definite No for me.

Much better options elsewhere and he couldn't even get into a relegated West Ham team
                          Really?? Please elaborate with these much better options.....

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                            Cannot believe some people do not want to sign Robbie Keane because " Spurs will let him go"????

Are you deluded?? Spurs are a top 4/5 Premiership side. Who reached the Quarter Final of the Champions League. They are leagues ahead of QPR in terms of quality. If one of their players is not good enough for Spurs he is still more than likely good enough for QPR.

Would sign him in a flash. Great player and a born goalscorer. Would score plenty for QPR.
                            He was not good enough for West Ham and when he did play, missed a couple of sitters and How much would you pay him,nwould you match his £60,000ish a week ?

Comment

Anyone that says no is certifiably insane. IMO.

We've spent too long outside the top flight to realise the huge step up and difference in quality.

Anyone signing Robbie Keane gets a vastly experienced international captain with great technique, nearly 200 career goals, great leadership, hardly ever had a serious injury, still has a bit of pace, not yet 31 and his international profile would catapult our commercial reach into another level entirely.

His non appearances at West Ham were more "political" rather than soley due to form btw and he tore up the SPL last season. Became top score despite only playing 4 months.

Absolute no-brainer for me. Investment, not a risk. Slightly biased, I know, but there you go!
                              Last edited by Nodge70; 24-05-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X