X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans group issue QPR celebration warning

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...2029-28727357/

QPR ‘Til I Die group ?, I am sure this was a WARTB initiative.

A QPR fans group are praying thousands of supporters do NOT turn up to Sunday's Championship celebration on Shepherd’s Bush Green after they organised the bash without permission.

A massive audience heard Anthony Haley-Hassan on BBC Radio London on Tuesday invite all west London to turn up at midday and party.

The QPR ‘Til I Die group also announced via Facebook they wanted to revel and have fun – and hoped everyone in hoops would do the same – but now potentially face a police bill of £10,000 as well as the fallout to any public disorder on the Green.

Hammersmith and Fulham events and football office, chief inspector Steve Riley admitted the get-together was done with best intentions – but was hopelessly naïve.

"From what I can establish there is no public liability insurance, no permission from the council, and even if they do call it off – it is very likely that I will have to deploy at least 25 officers on overtime to be at the Green to make sure order is maintained. At such short notice that will be at a cost to the public purse of around £10,000," he said.

"Frankly, it’s a shambles."

The fans wanted to hold the festival as a means of enjoying the club’s return to the Premiership for the first time in 15 years after the club pulled the plug on its own official celebration.

CI Riley added: "We together with the local authority have had discussions with QPR up to six or seven weeks ago about a formal parade that would close roads, need policing and stewarding. QPR made a commercial decision not to hold it – that’s up to them."

Kishan Parmar from the fans group was going ahead with the celebration as late as Wednesday night until alerted to the danger by Chronicle sport and local police.

He added: "I owe you a drink sometime. It’s a mess."

Facebook pages are now seen as supporter groups? Wow

Comment

Why do some just assume that this was all Petes idea when he was to the best of my knowledge simply promoting it?

Anyone would think they wanted it to fail

Comment

The police, club and council are all complicit in this shambles. To pour the blame on fans simply wanting to celebrate a fantastic achievement, one of the clubs five trophies in 126 years, is an absolute disgrace.

IMO.

Comment

Fsck them, I'm almost tempted to turn up now. The Police don't get all arsey like this in the press when a bunch of students decide to arrange a flash mob at Liverpool Street station which causes a lot of inconvenience for people.

Comment

The problem was that it was promoted as a party and obviously they were not too happy. I would imagine the Police were told thousands were coming and they went heavy on the group.

I'm still going to put out my towel and suntanning lotion and meeting a few friends on the Green. Definitely not illegal and I will be releasing a symbolic 15 blue and white ballons to mark 15 years since being in the premiership, which I have been told is also not illegal.

The problem was intially it was hyped up far too much.

25 officers for what exactly? I just don't know what was ever said to them in the first place!!
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Went to load of Illegal raves in the late 80s without worrying about whether ob turned up or not, If they did we just moved on to another field/warehouse or dissused hangar, if you want to do it you can, but then i don't suppose that grass Parmar was around then.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

And some people have a go at others on here for the mere mention of the word 'parade.' We win our only trophy in God knows how many years and we can't even celebrate it when others celebrate for coming 2nd and going up via the play offs.

The club brought this all on themselves. Quite simply they couldn't organice a **** up in a brewery and no way woudl it have cost 600k.

Do you expect other clubs to pay that kind of money for a parade??

Look at Trafalgar Square. They celebrate every festival under the sun there and who pays for most of it? Yes, us the tax payer!
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                  Went to load of Illegal raves in the late 80s without worrying about whether ob turned up or not, If they did we just moved on to another field/warehouse or dissused hangar, if you want to do it you can, but then i don't suppose that grass Parmar was around then.
                  Yes!! Those were the days - remember a great one in a disused aircraft hangar somewhere in Essex.

And following your clothing relating thread the other day mate, did you ever team up your frayed Lois jumbo cords with a nice pair of Kickers? Quality

Comment

I'm sure only in police states can they close public gatherings down and boss about people telling time they can't meet up

There ain't any laws to stop people wanting to meet up for a good time

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      Yes!! Those were the days - remember a great one in a disused aircraft hangar somewhere in Essex.

And following your clothing relating thread the other day mate, did you ever team up your frayed Lois jumbo cords with a nice pair of Kickers? Quality
                      Yes had some red ones ****ed knows why didn't go with anything apart from jeans, do you remember Mash in Oxford st sold some good raving gear tops, dungarees etc), had these purple suede moccasin like things and 1st time wearing them ruined them due to landed in some big mud ditch running away from ob in a field.
                      Happy days.
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Didn't you know that being a football supporter automatically makes you a criminal?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                          Yes had some red ones ****ed knows why didn't go with anything apart from jeans, do you remember Mash in Oxford st sold some good raving gear tops, dungarees etc), had these purple suede moccasin like things and 1st time wearing them ruined them due to landed in some big mud ditch running away from ob in a field.
                          Happy days.
                          I had a gigantic orange Avirex top and a pair of baggy jeans bought from Mash. Had a decent little record shop in there too.

Comment

Shame on our board for not sorting this out!
                            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Working...
                            X