Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rangers would you rather an investor or profiteer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers would you rather an investor or profiteer?

If you loved your club would you rather sell it cheap to someone to make huge profits from or someone with ambition and pay you off what you put in plus interest and move the club forward at an higher level!

Thoughts and opinions please.

someone with ambition would not care about what the club owed me

Comment

doesnt matter how much youd love a club those guys in them positions love money more

Comment

I'd rather watch my team in the lower leagues than have a Glazer or them ####s who tried to screw the scally boys in charge
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
          doesnt matter how much youd love a club those guys in them positions love money more
          Good answer why should BE and FB sell cheap there init as well right!

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            I'd rather watch my team in the lower leagues than have a Glazer or them ####s who tried to screw the scally boys in charge
            not referring to glazers mate or scally boys. You would rather watch QPR in lower leagues bet you wouldn't pay to watch them tho, like I did from 1990/2011 through thick and thin and I would rather spenders than profiteers as a true Ranger and have a team to compete like the famous year of 1992/93 Remember?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRd View Post
              not referring to glazers mate or scally boys. You would rather watch QPR in lower leagues bet you wouldn't pay to watch them tho, like I did from 1990/2011 through thick and thin and I would rather spenders than profiteers as a true Ranger and have a team to compete like the famous year of 1992/93 Remember?
              first saw them in the old third division in mid sixties, missed one home game in seven seasons, was with you 90-11 as well,worse side in 45 years of supporting the r's, just saying those 3 americans were/are there to make as much money as possible and I'd rather be owned by a Jim Gregory than one of those guys
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                first saw them in the old third division in mid sixties, missed one home game in seven seasons, was with you 90-11 as well,worse side in 45 years of supporting the r's, just saying those 3 americans were/are there to make as much money as possible and I'd rather be owned by a Jim Gregory than one of those guys
                Loyal supporter, good man. Mid sixties, You may know my Dad

Comment

I think any investor taking over a club does it in the long term to make a profit. You get very few owners, who do it purely for the love of the club. The guy at Wigan springs to mind

We sometimes lose sight of the fact we have about a 18,000 capacity and if we are going to have quality players and we don';t have a sugar daddy who just wants to splash the cash, we have in some respects going to have to pay for it.

The way we are doing things is probably the best way, as with new FIFA and probable Premier League rules coming in, alot of clubs will be in trouble.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    I think any investor taking over a club does it in the long term to make a profit. You get very few owners, who do it purely for the love of the club. The guy at Wigan springs to mind

We sometimes lose sight of the fact we have about a 18,000 capacity and if we are going to have quality players and we don';t have a sugar daddy who just wants to splash the cash, we have in some respects going to have to pay for it.

The way we are doing things is probably the best way, as with new FIFA and probable Premier League rules coming in, alot of clubs will be in trouble.
                    Well said mate, all I want is value for money. The ground isn't an issue to a wealthy owner looking to invest IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Agree with almost all of that. My only proviso is when do the FIFA rules kick in? If not immediately just wonder if this is our last chance to throw some cash at the club before we are banned from doing so. Obviously its very easy for me to suggest chucking someone else's cash at my hobby, but just wondering about the time frame?

Comment

Working...
                      X