That Hearing..Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Hearing..Again!

Haven't seen this posted anywhere but was having a look at the Football League Paper today and there's a spread on our promotion.

The interesting bit was a seperate section with direct quotes from Neil Warnock saying that the lawyers had done a deal some two weeks before the hearing, that was recomended to the FA ,that was efectively what we ended up with. We would cop for two of the seven charges and take a fine.

The lawyers were happy with it but apparently someone high up at the FA insisted on having the hearing.

Looks like the FA are in for some serious stick when this hits the majors.

BTW the Football League Paper is not an on-line publication so this would only have been seen by anyone reading it. (what a novel idea!)
    "It's alright, I'm not going to steal your breakfast you fat *****."

Barton's reported reaction following Frank Lampard's decision to move tables at England's training camp in order to avoid him.

I remember a 'ITK' ( Think it was Dazzer ) saying that we had agreed a fee before the hearing too, intersting
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Jeffro said all this.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        Haven't seen this posted anywhere but was having a look at the Football League Paper today and there's a spread on our promotion.

The interesting bit was a seperate section with direct quotes from Neil Warnock saying that the lawyers had done a deal some two weeks before the hearing, that was recomended to the FA ,that was efectively what we ended up with. We would cop for two of the seven charges and take a fine.

The lawyers were happy with it but apparently someone high up at the FA insisted on having the hearing.

Looks like the FA are in for some serious stick when this hits the majors.

BTW the Football League Paper is not an on-line publication so this would only have been seen by anyone reading it. (what a novel idea!)
        There is a pre-hearing process that can be applied which I wont comment upon.

But a point worth noting that the Julian Eccles FA Director for Marketing and Communications has resigned with immediate effect. And with less glowing thanks from the employer than is the norm, so is this code for being asked to leave with minimum fuss. I wonder if Shaun Custis is still on his Christmas card list.
        Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post

But a point worth noting that the Julian Eccles FA Director for Marketing and Communications has resigned with immediate effect. And with less glowing thanks from the employer than is the norm, so is this code for being asked to leave with minimum fuss. I wonder if Shaun Custis is still on his Christmas card list.
          He is the one, more than anybody, that I would like to see out of a job over this - sadly however, truth and fact are not words that go hand in hand with red top journalism
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFe...-eccles-170511

Comment

eccles is a foolham fan who used to work for murdoch empire at bskyb... hmmm - what could it all mean?

Comment

Hhhmmm, could it be a ploy by company men to get QPR off the hook and into the arms of £60-90M and £100M if he sells a PL club, by leaking things and in return, Bernie agrees sell up to the Murdoch backed consortium making £000,000's ?
                Last edited by paulmason; 17-05-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                  Jeffro said all this.

Thats what i got a load of abuse for telling Benny mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post

Interesting. I suppose I should just let the whole thing go now that we've had the verdict and got the promotion that we deserved.

But, the more I think about it, the less I understand the logic of what happened to us. There have been allusions to the fact that there will be repercussions - is Julian Eccles resignation the first ripple in the pond? The whole thing just doesn't smell right and the £800k odd that we were fined seems just as dodgy as £3.5m for Faurlin. It's a lot of money for bringing the game in to disrepute. I guess we'll never know the full story.

Comment

Originally posted by iheartwegerle View Post
                      Interesting. I suppose I should just let the whole thing go now that we've had the verdict and got the promotion that we deserved.

But, the more I think about it, the less I understand the logic of what happened to us. There have been allusions to the fact that there will be repercussions - is Julian Eccles resignation the first ripple in the pond? The whole thing just doesn't smell right and the £800k odd that we were fined seems just as dodgy as £3.5m for Faurlin. It's a lot of money for bringing the game in to disrepute. I guess we'll never know the full story.
                      You will shortly know a lot more than you currently do as the IRC is in the process of releasing its report into the public domain.
                      Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Working...
                      X