Stoke should be our Role Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoke should be our Role Model

People like Wenger hate them but Pulis has done a marvelous job. Over the last couple of years you can see the difference in calibre of players that thier Premiership status has attracted compared to us. Much better team than the team that went up, they get labelled as hoofers but the skill level of their game is underestimated.
    The way forward for us now is to use our extensive first hand knowledge of the Championship to focus on homegrown talent ambitious for the move up.
    Graham at Watford is a perfect example but I am sure there are others too, all will be clearer when the playoffs are sorted.

Originally posted by JeanD View Post
    People like Wenger hate them but Pulis has done a marvelous job. Over the last couple of years you can see the difference in calibre of players that thier Premiership status has attracted compared to us. Much better team than the team that went up, they get labelled as hoofers but the skill level of their game is underestimated.
    The way forward for us now is to use our extensive first hand knowledge of the Championship to focus on homegrown talent ambitious for the move up.
    Graham at Watford is a perfect example but I am sure there are others too, all will be clearer when the playoffs are sorted.
    Completely agree. Stick with your manger through the bad form too. Stoke will be in the prem for a long time
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Took words right out of my mouth, was just looking at their squad & Bolton & Fulhams & these teams havent gone OTT with wages & transfers etc but hold their own nicely in the Prem with Stoke this year in cup Final Fulham last year in Uefa final....We should use these teams as a stepping stone....Consolidate in 1st season...bulid on that for 2nd season etc...Fans that ive seen say we should push for Europe need to i think take a rality check......lets gets established 1st

Comment

100% agree and are a perfect model to work on where they have got bigger and stronger year on year in the PL. No players bigger than the team/club, no players on lottery contracts and no player gives less than 100% week in week out and although people slate them for whatever reason, they play decent footie and actually made Arsenal look a tad daft last week. I also think Gerry Francis has a bit to do with their work ethic.

Comment

I concur.
          They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Stuieang View Post
            Took words right out of my mouth, was just looking at their squad & Bolton & Fulhams & these teams havent gone OTT with wages & transfers etc but hold their own nicely in the Prem with Stoke this year in cup Final Fulham last year in Uefa final....We should use these teams as a stepping stone....Consolidate in 1st season...bulid on that for 2nd season etc...Fans that ive seen say we should push for Europe need to i think take a rality check......lets gets established 1st
            nuff said
            Kept the faith!

Comment

So get a guy who can take long throws and play hoofball, yeah that'll really bring in the fans.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                So get a guy who can take long throws and play hoofball, yeah that'll really bring in the fans.
                So if it got you to a cup final YOU WOULDNT GO?

Comment

Would hate us to be buying players like Huth, Jones, Faye, Carew etc. Just big lumps who you hoof the ball up to and see what happens, them sort of players are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR's Number 10 View Post
                    Would hate us to be buying players like Huth, Jones, Faye, Carew etc. Just big lumps who you hoof the ball up to and see what happens, them sort of players are useless.
                    I think he's getting at more the procedural route Stoke have taken to secure their place in the top flight as opposed to the substance of the players they've brought in. I agree with both of you, Stoke have done it the right way bringing in players that suit their team and are of decent calibre but not so big that they won't fit the mould. I wouldn't want to see us playing hoofball i agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X