Ossie Ardiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ossie Ardiles

I'm doing some work with Ossie (specifically what I can tell you tomorrow)

What's peoples memories of him QPR related (or not) - think he only played a handful of games for us?

Mark Dennis elbowing him in the face at White Hart Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by eghamR View Post
      Mark Dennis elbowing him in the face at White Hart Lane.
      hahaha Dennis was my idol as a kid - now that was a proper hard man!

How come Ossie only played a few games, was that at the time of the falklands or what? (Suppose i should just google it)

Comment

Debut at Old Trafford in a 0-0. Booed mercilessly by his own fans. My first Qpr game. 1987 I think.
        Visit www.iqpr.org

Comment

Originally posted by indianalondon View Post
          hahaha Dennis was my idol as a kid - now that was a proper hard man!

How come Ossie only played a few games, was that at the time of the falklands or what? (Suppose i should just google it)
          Dennis was doing the corporate for Birmingham v Spurs earlier in the season.

Head

Case

Ossie joined us in the summer of '88 - played about 16 games, broke his leg in the Littlewoods Cup Quarter Final at Forest (the one where Cloughie was smacking a few people around) and never played for us again - went to Swindon I think. Played well in the games I saw him in. MoM in the Mercantile Credit Centenary Game against the Goons!!!

Comment

Cheat couldn't stand him - was gutted when he signed for us. Although i was at Old Trafford for his debut i did refrain from booing. Was at the Lane for Mark Dennis incident - fantastic.
            What a player Dennis was - would have played for England if wasn't such a psycho.

Comment

Originally posted by KASPARS BOOTS View Post
              Cheat couldn't stand him - was gutted when he signed for us. Although i was at Old Trafford for his debut i did refrain from booing. Was at the Lane for Mark Dennis incident - fantastic.
              What a player Dennis was - would have played for England if wasn't such a psycho.
              Cheat? Dennis' elbow knocked him clean out!

He got booed because he was Argentinian. Nothing else.
              Last edited by Nodge70; 12-05-2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

When he went to Wembley,his knees went all trembly.

( in da cup for tottingham)

Comment

Ardiles, a cheat - OMFG - his only crime was being an Argentinian which he didn't choose to be FFS - when he came to England it brought a whole new era for English football. Ok he wasn't the first top class Foreigner to come here - (Muhren & Co in the 70's) - but with Villa, he opened the idea up and the EPL exists as it does now because of the impact. Not only that but Ardiles still has close associations with our game and was always a credit to his profession.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Ardiles, a cheat - OMFG - his only crime was being an Argentinian which he didn't choose to be FFS - when he came to England it brought a whole new era for English football. Ok he wasn't the first top class Foreigner to come here - (Muhren & Co in the 70's) - but with Villa, he opened the idea up and the EPL exists as it does now because of the impact. Not only that but Ardiles still has close associations with our game and was always a credit to his profession.

^^^^ is what i thought/had heard

Comment

Ardiles was a sly cheat in general i was not referring to the Dennis incident which would probably have knocked out Lennox Lewis!!
                      i couldn't stand him my personal opinion. Nothing to do with his nationality as far as im concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        Well said!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                          Cheat? Dennis' elbow knocked him clean out!

He got booed because he was Argentinian. Nothing else.
                          Dennis thumped him, it was fenwick about 5 minutes later who elbowed him in the throat causing him to be floored for about 10 minutes.

Comment

Never liked the guy.
                            Queens Park Rangers
                            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                            X