No announcement yet.

Who Are Famous QPR Fans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of the Pasadena's are fans, as is one of the eternal sisters and 2 of level 42
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRWeRTogetheR View Post
      Anyone know if Raheem Sterling is a QPR fan growing up in the Neasden area? He was there at Wembley on Saturday,watching. Gotta be some support after we had him in our youth team no?

Said when he left he supported Liverpool
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        From Wikipedia

In popular culture

The BBC TV series Bottom featured the character Eddie Hitler (played by Adrian Edmondson) as a supporter of the team. In the show, he once asked the barman of his local (called "The Lamb and Flag,") if it was true he had a trial with the team. **** Head, the landlord replied that he was decked by Les Ferdinand for kicking the ball in his own net. He was expecting to get applause from his team mates, as he was unaware he had scored an own goal.

In the 1985 song White City Fighting, Pete Townshend sings about being "down by the refuge near QPR".

The comedy detective series Boys From The Bush included the character Reg Toomer, an ardent QPR fan. Although set in Melbourne, the series ended in Hammersmith and included a scene inside Loftus Road.

The BBC sitcom My Family features lead character Ben Harper (played by Robert Lindsay) as a QPR fan. In one episode he is seen watching a game on TV dressed in blue and white chanting "come on, you hoops!"

Famous fans of the club include musicians Alan Wilder of Depeche Mode and Recoil, Nick Midson (formerly of Threshold), actress Daniela Denby-Ashe, Ian Gillan of Deep Purple, Mick Jones of punk band The Clash, Big Audio Dynamite and latterly Carbon/Silicon, Glen Matlock of the *** Pistols, Robert Smith of The Cure, Chris Batten of Enter Shikari, Pete Doherty of The Libertines and Babyshambles, Dave Kerr-Clemenson of Edison Lighthouse/White Plains as well as Matador Records founder Gerard Cosloy, professional quiz player and television personality Anne Hegerty and former player Lee Cook. Doherty used to run a club fanzine, "All Quiet On The Western Avenue", and has made reference to them in his music and videos. Musician and comedian Bill Bailey is also a fan of Queens Park Rangers as is London Wasps & England rugby union player Dom Waldouck. Up and coming comedian Seann Walsh is a fan. The composers Michael Nyman, Gavin Bryars and John Tilbury are all QPR fans and were regulars at Loftus Road in the late 60s and early 70s. Paul Cassidy of six-piano ensemble Piano Circus is a fan of QPR and also deputy chairman of the Glasgow branch of the Queens Park Rangers Supporters Association. Actor Michael Crawford and former Genesis drummer and musician Phil Collins are self-confessed QPR supporters. Greek entrepreneur Stelios Haji-Ioannou, founder of the British low-cost airline easyJet amongst other ventures has previously spoken of his fondness for the club.

Andrew Ridgeley of pop band Wham! was featured in a QPR kit in the video for "The Edge of Heaven". The club's former logo briefly appears in the video for Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly's video for "I-Spy".
        Lots wrong with this wiki stuff, shows you you can't always believe whats written
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Danny Care, the England RU fly-half basically said he was a QPR fan on Soccer AM. Said Andy Sinton was a legend.

And yes...... I know.... "Who cares!" lol

Comment

• Santiago Cabrera (Lancelot in Merlin). Danny Simpson gave him a tour of Loftus Road. He also played semi-pro football

Comment

• iain morris is co creator of inbetweeners is defo 1
              TWITTER
              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

• Someone told me Dennis the menace is a QPR fan

Comment

• I am not a menace

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  Someone told me Dennis the menace is a QPR fan
                  But I love you QPR,................:-)

Comment

• Some serious lames to fame amongst this "famous" list!

I can count Alison Moyet's niece and Jimmy Greave's granddaughter amongst my exes, am I famous enough?
                    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

• In my mind I am the most famous, and I live next door. I consider myself to be blessed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                        Some serious lames to fame amongst this "famous" list!

I can count Alison Moyet's niece and Jimmy Greave's granddaughter amongst my exes, am I famous enough?
                        i hope your not ian st.john
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

• Thank the lord I'm not called Ian
                          I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

• Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                            Thank the lord I'm not called Ian
                            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

• I saw on the football league show that Adrian Edmunson was a Chelsea fan. He said he used to be a fan of Chelsea but is now an Exeter fan. (I think it was Exeter). I was convinced he was a Qpr fan. He had posters of QPR when he was in bottom.
                              'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• President Roosevelt. Born in the same year we founded too.

Comment

Working...
                                X