Mixed Emotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed Emotions

As i watched our players jump up and down and lift the trophy i felt mixed emotions today. Most of the players have given their all for us and NW this season to get us to the holy land but it must have been in quite a few players minds that all the hard work they have given us will be for nothing for some of them as they will be sold as they wont be good enough for the premier league. I really hope that Dezza can manage just one season for us in the premier league. It would be sad to let him go after he has spilt blood and guts for us this season. Faurlin, Routledge, Taraabt, Buzz and Kenny will be with us next season unless Taarbs is sold but im not sure about many of the others. I hope Clint Hill stays as again he is another who has given his all but could he really cut it in the PL. Can Mackie, Ephraim, Smith, Gorkks, Connolly, Hall etc really cut it in the elite. I for one will be sad to see some of these players go but i'm realistic and know we have to move on. Would love to hear other peoples opinions on this.
    Last edited by Naarven Mankey; 08-05-2011, 04:29 AM.

Yes this is one of the downsides to modern football, the gap between the Prem and the Championship. I am old enough and lucky enough to have seen our promotions to the top league in 1968, 73, and 83. In 68 we were a side which had come up from the 3rd division where we had been for years, and the Big League was a bit of a dream for us, so we got relegated immediately.
    But we re-grouped and in the promotions of 73 and 83 we had the nucleus of a good First Division side already, and on both occasions we had top-half finishes in our first season back.
    It's not really possible to do that now as the gulf is so wide between the Leagues that most promoted teams realise the need to change the playing staff on a large scale.
    One of the reasons I want Warnock to stay is because I trust him to buy the right type of players to enable us to BUILD a side rather than just sign players willy-nilly.
    Players like Derry, Helguson and Hill, to name but three, could struggle at the higher level, but you know what? Many people said they would struggle this year didn't they? I trust Warnock-he won't let sentiment get in the way of making the right decisions for the club, and those type of players will respect his decision, whatever it is. Because whatever happens, Warnock has enabled them to get Championship winners medals, and they will be eternally grateful to him for that.

Comment

Modern day football, we forget our longest serving players and just totally disregard them. Not much loyalty nowadays
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Modern day football, we forget our longest serving players and just totally disregard them. Not much loyalty nowadays
        Loyalty goes both ways Pete, players leave at the drop of a hat when they want more money elsewhere.
        I never criticise players for that, we would all do the same in our jobs. I always say I want a player's 100% commitment while he's at QPR, never mind the "loyalty".

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Morning Pete, if you are talking about Cook and Rowlands, they were there yesterday, i think the club has done everything to get these fit .

Comment

I think some of our players will surprise our fans! Looks at Wolves, Blackpool, Wigan, Stoke (when they were promoted), Birmingham. Now they may all be struggling but there are players in those teams who are managing to play at PL level

Comment

Working...
            X