Phoned the FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conners View Post
    The key thing here is that this was a club decision, not a solely Gianni decision so he should not take all the flak.

At the end of the day telling a lie about a transfer price to your fans is not an offence, certainly not a rule breaking offence.
    It is on the tenuous catch all charge of "bringing the game into disrepute".

It would be true that for presentation purposes clubs from time to time inflate. They say what the ultimate price could be and often say "its worth around 3.5m", but for that to happen just about every condition in the contract would have to be met and that is not often the case. What ever happens it has to match what has been submitted to the FL.
    Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by weston View Post
      And the real stupid thing about this is how many of us actually believed we pid a transfer fee of £3.5m on Faurlin. I for one didn't and took it that the "deal worth £3.5m" probably included the players wages in that fee.
      did you really believe we paid 3.5 mill i and everyone where i sit certainly didnt, the fee would have been based on whether faulin played for argentina in a major final etc etc fk me we hadnt spent more then a mill on anyone else really think wed spend it on an unknown from the 2nd tier of argentinian football?

Comment

So do you reckon Chel**** really paid 50 mil for Torres, no neither do i, it's probably what the deal was worth, i wonder if they checked into all fees if they would ring true.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Does Paladini get commission from every transfer he signs off?

If so would he get more for a player signed for £3.5 million than a player signed for £600k?

Is that why the fee was exaggerated?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaman View Post
            Does Paladini get commission from every transfer he signs off?

If so would he get more for a player signed for £3.5 million than a player signed for £600k?

Is that why the fee was exaggerated?
            i would be amazed if he got a comission would be a conflict of interest, i think the answer is 99% no

again they exagerated the fee cos we were all fkd off with club magiltons appt lack of spending poor season tickets etc etc , they were trying to bolster optimism season ticket sales good will etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              I can only confirm the trophy will be there.

As for the FA they are digging heels in over fee for Faurlin, does NOT warrant a points deduction.

The mistake was at the time we obviously inflated the price of Faurlin to appease fans (at a time when we were questioning any signings) and season ticket sales were slow.

I think its no doubt we inflated the price, but thats come back to bite us. Will open can of worms on other clubs who do the same thing and might lead to transparancy in future with clubs actually giving the true value of any signings they make.

The FA seem to think we did spent 3.5 million, reality is we are QPR and never do things like that.

So why don't we show them our bank statements and prove we didn't? Isn't it that simple?
              Be nice to Minty

Comment

well

well it does seem like a lot of hot air
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by weston View Post
                  And the real stupid thing about this is how many of us actually believed we pid a transfer fee of £3.5m on Faurlin. I for one didn't and took it that the "deal worth £3.5m" probably included the players wages in that fee.
                  I think most fans on MBs thought the same. I don't know anyone who believed a £3.5M fee was paid for a virtually unknown 2nd division Argentinian player, when more established names from Argentinian and other S.American top divisions were available for half of that amount.

Comment

Working...
                  X