The Championship Trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Championship Trophy

I was at Loftus Road earlier this afternoon,and during my visit was in a hospitality box next to the one used by the Mittal's,The Championship Trophy is sitting pretty in their box waiting to be presented to the R's after the Leeds game.Every seat in the ground except those for Leeds fans has a small flag on it to be waved by the fans for the cameras .CHAMPIONS
    Last edited by MrS; 05-05-2011, 09:26 PM.

Good story until the bit about the flags. How will they stop them blowing away?

Then again...Selotape used to sponsor us. Maybe they left some old stock?!

I still think we'll be champions, though.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

I like this post.

Comment

Should have taken some camera phone pics!
        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

We'll see on Saturday, hoping you are right
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

This is 100% genuine and i did think of a pic but it would have caused much embarassement as regards to the purpose of my visit and to those people i was with.

Comment

This sounds plausible. Surely someone on here as a mate who works at the ground.

We could be in the daft situation of the league giving us the trophy on Saturday and then asking for it back on Monday morning. The worst scenario is a decision is made on Saturday morning and a helicopter takes the trophy to Norwich!

My personal feeling is that the FA have dug themselves a massive hole with this whole situation and if they have messed up with this they know we will sue them. If they don't punish us enough if we are proven guilty, then other clubs in the play offs may want to sue the FA.

The FA's reputation is a laughing stock around the world especially over the England 2018 bid and with FIFA saying how badly run the organisation is, they know their position is just getting weaker.

This should be a moment where all Rs fans should be celebrating being champions and being back in the Premiership, but no the FA have been too incompetent to deal with this earlier in the season, despite knowing about it for ages.

It makes you think what a wonderful job the players have done to to stay focussed and do the job fair and square this season. The fans have stood by the team and will continue to do so.

I am sure many Rs fans will make their point about the FA very clear on Saturday live on the BBC! I know I certainly will!
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Cannot see the issue with other clubs in the play-offs. They're efforts and results on the pitch have not been good enough for automatic promotion and no amount of admin. errors should give them any cause now to claim it as a right.
                http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                  We could be in the daft situation of the league giving us the trophy on Saturday and then asking for it back on Monday morning.
                  They did with Swindon.

Comment

Could there be 2 championship trophies, after all, say if we and norwich were on the same points on the last day of the season , the F.A. would have to present the trophy to one club that day?? so one could also be at carrow rd
                    if the hearing results get announced late tomorrow evening, a replica perhaps
                    , hope I'm completely wrong of course, but we should still definitly celebrate saturday because we are the true and only champions, im sure we have won this case.

Comment

Not sure the FA are that fussed about us. Its a massive story to us but not in the over all scheme of things because we aren't yet quite premier league, and to most of the country anything outside the premiership is a news in brief item.

Comment

Can't we win the trophy, parade it on an open top bus and then drop it under the wheels of the bus and hand it Norwich?

No idea where I get my ideas from.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phil's R's;595636]Could there be 2 championship trophies

There's only 1 trophy and i've seen it today

Comment

Are you sure? We did the stadium tour before the Hull match and there was a trophy on the table in the Mittals box. It wasn't the Championship trophy though.

Comment

Originally posted by robbomk View Post
                              Are you sure? We did the stadium tour before the Hull match and there was a trophy on the table in the Mittals box. It wasn't the Championship trophy though.
                              Did that tour too. It was the npower trophy, we'll get both on Saturday
                              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Working...
                              X