Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report from player of the year do.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report from player of the year do.......

Well today I can safely say I won't be doing any drinking. The Royal Wedding, Rangers at Watford and the player of the year do my body needs a rest before the Leeds games.

Had a great time last night, despite being stitched up by the club who said on their website that if you booked early you would get a good table. Well we booked the day it was announced and we were right at the very back of the room so had to watch all the awards on the tv screens which kept going on and off! And we have being going to the do for donkeys years, even the years when sometimes they couldn't even sell out! Oh well, we're gonna be chatting to the club about that.

Anyway, all the usual faces were at the do and everyone was in good spirits. Constant singing from the start. Paddy Kenny as many of us predicted would win the main award. He has been brilliant in every game. Adel has been wonderful but there has been the odd game where he has not been his majestical best and why it probably tipped it in Paddy's favour. Adel quite rightly won the goal of the season. As for him 'storming' out. I think that's b*ll because he was going back to Morocco anyway for the week.

As for the players, many of them were first class and it was like the old days at these kind of things. Just chatting to the fans about the season and having a beer with us. Many of the players went to some club late on, but it was pretty poor so many came back. Players that were in top form by the bar were Ramage, Orr, Hill, Gorks, Mackie, Kenny, Connolly, Helguson and Derry. All stayed late enjoying the moment. You could tell that these lads all loved playing for Warnock and he has got the best out of them. Players were buying the fans drinks and were being excellent. A real credit to the club. Gallen came down later with Paul Bruce and Rufus Brevett and once again they were all enjoying themselves. Had a good chat with Peter Vaagan Moen. Really lovely bloke. Think when he gets his chance he'll be good for us.

Saw Rowlands, but he seemed really peeved off and I know he upset a few fans with some comments he made. Not sure what it was about. A sad thing really as he has been brilliant for us over the years, but the club has to move on and you cannot argue with how well Derry and Faurlin have been this season. Rowan Vine was there and looked as if he had just been pulled from some doss house. He looked really unkempt and was carrying a bit of timber as well! Certainly did not look like a pro footballer!

Anyway, I left there about half 4 as my body could take no more.

Thank you Rangers for a wonderful season. Who cares what the score is against Leeds. We are back in the big time as champions and we're gonna have one hell of a party next season.:yush::yush::yush::yush:
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Good report mate, sounded a top night.
    Roll on next sat for a proper knees-up

Comment

Good report..always like reading stuff like that cheers

Comment

Cheers for that Dave. The girls went and though they said they had a great evening they weren't impressed with being at the back either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
          Cheers for that Dave. The girls went and though they said they had a great evening they weren't impressed with being at the back either.
          Yep, they were on the table next to us.

Table situation was a joke. We booked on the day it was announced! Mates of us were right at the front and booked about 3-4 weeks after it was announced!

We'll be speaking to QPR tomorrow. Our table have been going for years. A real balls up by the club.

I know Victor booked his table the same time as us and he was stitched up as well. Think he's gonna be speaking to the club tomorrow as well.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Good report mate, cheers
            CHAMPIONS
            Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Tracy, your girls were on the table next to me, and you honestly couldn't see very much at all, except for watching the screens (which had waiters and toilet-goers walking back and forth in front of them.)
              But they seemed to be having a good time getting all their photos and autographs, so I hope they enjoyed that part, anyway!
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                Tracy, your girls were on the table next to me, and you honestly couldn't see very much at all, except for watching the screens (which had waiters and toilet-goers walking back and forth in front of them.)
                But they seemed to be having a good time getting all their photos and autographs, so I hope they enjoyed that part, anyway!
                haha yeah we did, when they started doing the awards we thought sod staying at the back, and went to the front right hand side and ended up standing next to a table with four players on it so we got a good view for our pictures

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysqpr View Post
                  haha yeah we did, when they started doing the awards we thought sod staying at the back, and went to the front right hand side and ended up standing next to a table with four players on it so we got a good view for our pictures
                  Glad it all worked out well in the end!
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

so much for book early and get a good table we did and were right at the back but despite that had a great night

Comment

A top,top report! Appreciated indeed.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

I heard Pete wanted none of his messageboard members near the front with him, booing GP so I hope that helps explain it Dave.

Only joking sounds like a good night
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

was a good night, the players were quite friendly..i chatted with clint hill for ages and later paddy kenny....i left around 430am too or so, and players were still about .
                          good to see the regs and some old faces too.
                          amit and ishan are very friendly, will chat...are not arrogant , they both come across as gentleman and stood for pics and chats with everyone who wanted a word....top blokes. you get the feeling they do care about qpr.

jim white from sky sports was compere and was good, james corden was there but as he's wet spam, i didn't bother with him..or night like.

as for our table at the back, i reckon we'll get a refund! but a good night...long night , long season too but the word "CHAMPIONS" makes it all worthwhile.

Comment

i was on the table with Tracy's girls next to you Hammersmith - and we booked right at the start as well!
                            RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

We booked on the day it was announced and have the credit card statement to prove it. And we were stuck at the back. Our mate who like I said booked 3-4 weeks after us was right at the front.

Maybe the girl sorting the tables out didn't know what was front or back??

Comment

Working...
                              X