all you jimmy mag 'haters'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all you jimmy mag 'haters'

did 'his' side not totally outplay us n finisher higher last season????......are ipswich not a 'bigger club' than us????.......did they not play much more attractive style of football.....score more goals???? win more times away???.....................yes jimmy mag is a 'terrible' manager!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Let's get one thing straight. No one hates JM we just wanted someone better. He's our manager now and so I would imagine he'll get 100% support unless he proves to be a lemon. What would get on my nerves would be if he isn't given a fair crack and I reckon that's a big reason many didn't want him.

Comment

Like who ?

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
        did 'his' side not totally outplay us n finisher higher last season????......are ipswich not a 'bigger club' than us????.......did they not play much more attractive style of football.....score more goals???? win more times away???.....................yes jimmy mag is a 'terrible' manager!
        they outplayed us then lost 3-0 at home to Southampton.
        Bigger club...maybe...jury is out on that one.
        more attractive football....only saw them once against us...anyone would have looked attractive against us that day.
        scored more goals but conceded more.....
        terrible at home.

Comment

Here's a little missive that an Ipswich supporting friend of mine posted when Magilton got the elbow...

Despite the vendetta waged by certain elements of the local media and the rather impatient section of our fans (those who assume that the fact that Magilton wasn't winning every game 75-0, he must be crap), I had backed Jim all the way. When we lost at home to Doncaster a couple of weeks ago, even I had to concede the game was up.

The blame for this rests with not one person though. Magilton is to blame for not keeping a settled side and perhaps being more reactive than proactive. The local press are to blame for going into a sulk because they can't get interviews and having a football writer who is on record as being a Newcastle fan and not really bothered about ITFC sticking the knife in at every opportunity. The fans are to blame for thinking that a cash injection equals instant success - (ask QPR or Manchester City if that's true) - and towards the end some of the players are to blame for quite clearly not giving a toss. (To be fair, some players this season, such as Richard Wright and Gareth McAuley have been outstanding).

Now we move on to the manner and timing of Jim's departure. Quite aside from the fact that it is now set in stone that his last match was a victory over, of all teams, Norwich, it turns out that after that game, he returned to Belfast to look after his sick mother. It is whilst he was there that he received a phone call from Ipswich telling him that he had been given the push.

This does not sound good. I suspect if it is as reported, the Cobbold brothers are probably doing handstands in their graves (lest we forget, there was the incident back in the early 70's when, following the crowd demanding the head of Bobby Robson, the first order of business in the following board meeting was John Cobbold saying that the board wanted to pass it's deepest apologies on to Robson for the crowd's reaction). However, a different version of events seems to be emerging. Mrs Magilton Snr fell ill some time ago, and her health is such a concern that Magilton said after the Norwich game to Marcus Evans "Look, if you're going to sack me, can you do it now rather than the end of the season so I can devote the time to my mother" - Evans said he would have to think about it - in the meantime Simon Clegg joined as the new chief exec, and then on Weds morning made the call to Northern Ireland.

So, farewell Jim. I'll always remember his astounding hat trick against Bolton in the play off semi in 2000, and how he turned the team around in the first two years he was manager when we in danger of heading for the door marked "Charlton". I do hope that the manner of his departure was not as brutal as has been made out, as he didn't deserve that.
          We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
            they outplayed us then lost 3-0 at home to Southampton.
            Should fit right in at Rangers then ...exactly the sort of thing we would do!

Would they have finished above us if Roy Keane hadn't got them 6 out of 6 points at the end of the season?

Comment

Working...
            X