Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess at the sequence of events

I think what happened is this:

Someone from the FA naively briefed The Sun - with the sole aim of putting a damnener on media headlines if we get promoted at Watford. The aim probably was "Don't go over the top saying QPR are in the Premiership next season - they might get point deduction, maybe up to 15 points."

The hack from The Sun took a couple of direct off-the-record quotes and made the story a bit sensationalist.

Now if this is true, and the FA have breached not only sub judice, but an agreement entered into with QPR to remain silent - the QC on the panel will not be impressed with the FA. Especially if he/she thinks they might be trying to influence the hearing unduly.

This is why QPR lawyers letter to the FA is a legal masterstroke. If the source didn't come from the FA, then they now have an opportunity to say so. If they do not respond, then the clubs lawyers can argue that either the FA are trying to influence the hearing, or in fact the hearing is a sham if the verdict is already decided. Both important points of law if the case ends up in the courts.

well done sir a post to cut through all the crap ive read.
    the club and most important very very very good highly paid brief are confident were ok.
    thats enough for me.
    the sun is a sh it f ucking rag that i wouldnt even have my chips in

Comment

Whatever happens next week points deduction fine or perhaps even both, believe me this is gonna get very ugly, every club with an interest somehow in promotion or play offs is gonna want there pound of flesh, this aint gonna go away, the Sun have made sure of that with their headlines today.

Comment

Working...
      X