Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magiltons Managerial Record...and a few bits in the press about him....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magiltons Managerial Record...and a few bits in the press about him....

Games: 148
    Won: 56
    Lost: 51
    Drawn: 41
    Win percentage: 38%

Magilton was handed £12million to spend by new owner Marcus Evans when the businessman bought the club at the end of 2007 but despite bringing in the likes of Jon Stead, Veliche Shumulikoski and David Norris only managed to steer the club to a mid-table position.

Jim Magilton determined after vote of confidence

Dec 19 2008 By Andy Turner

JIM Magilton is widely regarded as one of the most forward-thinking young coaches in the game.

But at a time when managers are automatically under pressure if they lose a couple of games on the bounce, the received wisdom around Portman Road is that he “needs a good Christmas” if Ipswich Town owner Marcus Evans is going to stand by his recent vote of confidence.

“The owner has given me full support, but I don’t know how secure Paul Ince and Danny Wilson felt this time last week,” admitted Magilton.

“It is the nature of football management with so much emphasis put on immediate results.

“It’s too much – people are losing their jobs because every game these days is put under the microscope.”

His situation hasn’t been improved by rumours of dressing-room splits after he called a team meeting but didn’t extend the invitation to several players including Richard Naylor, Alex Bruce, Pablo Counago, Jon Stead, Tommy Miller, Kevin Lisbie and loan signings Moritz Volz and Darren Ambrose.

“It is a storm in a teacup and contrary to reports elsewhere there is no question of players having their future at this club put in doubt,” he said.

“The meeting was not a secret one and there are a lot of negative stories being written about us at the moment.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

not a great win percentage.

Comment

record doesn't look good ....and dressing room story doesn't sound good.

Comment

what an ipswich fan told me, his biggest problem was his connections with ipswich... and he said if he became rangers manager he would do well because its new to him and he doesnt have any connection to the club.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

still very unimpressed and uninspired, dont expect him to be here come end of season.
          Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Working...
          X