betting against QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betting against QPR

I know it is wrong, but would winning £1,000+ for a £10 stake make you feel better if it meant QPR didn't win promotion?

Watford are 21/10 on line at Corals. £10 wins £31.
    You can get Cardiff at 4/7 and Norwich at 11/10 on other bookies on line for Monday = £102.

And then next Saturday
    Leeds are likely to be at least 9/4 if they have nothing to play for
    Cardiff to win at Burnley @ 7/5 if Burnley are still in the play-off hunt
    Norwich to beat Coventry @ 1/3

This set of results would win around £1060.
    You could use the money to go on a summer holiday and depending on your stake, buy a ST for next season too.

I have thought about it over the last few days, but still don't think it is the right thing to do. However if the stake was £50 or more that would be a very tidy sum indeed.

And the good news is that it is the only set of results (barring a point deduction) that could cost QPR promotion, but it would still need to have a 13 goal swing in Cardiff's favour, so you could win your bet and QPR could still go up as runners up.

Put a tenner on for me will you.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

QPR 1/50 with Paddy Power
      Norwich 14/1 Cardiff 50/1 would the bookies still be offering odds like this if they think we are going to be deducted points ?

Comment

Originally posted by SULLY048 View Post
        QPR 1/50 with Paddy Power
        Norwich 14/1 Cardiff 50/1 would the bookies still be offering odds like this if they think we are going to be deducted points ?
        Bookies won't pay out on points deductions changing the natural order of things.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Why havent they suspended betting then ?

Comment

laid us on Betfair a while back should the worst happen season ticket paid for for 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              I know it is wrong, but would winning £1,000+ for a £10 stake make you feel better if it meant QPR didn't win promotion?

Watford are 21/10 on line at Corals. £10 wins £31.
              You can get Cardiff at 4/7 and Norwich at 11/10 on other bookies on line for Monday = £102.

And then next Saturday
              Leeds are likely to be at least 9/4 if they have nothing to play for
              Cardiff to win at Burnley @ 7/5 if Burnley are still in the play-off hunt
              Norwich to beat Coventry @ 1/3

This set of results would win around £1060.
              You could use the money to go on a summer holiday and depending on your stake, buy a ST for next season too.

I have thought about it over the last few days, but still don't think it is the right thing to do. However if the stake was £50 or more that would be a very tidy sum indeed.

And the good news is that it is the only set of results (barring a point deduction) that could cost QPR promotion, but it would still need to have a 13 goal swing in Cardiff's favour, so you could win your bet and QPR could still go up as runners up.

I would rather slit my throat than bet against qpr.

Comment

Originally posted by SULLY048 View Post
                Why havent they suspended betting then ?
                why would they suspend betting? That's how they make money. They have ways to protect themselves against big losses. If it made little difference to them in pay outs they would not care anyway and just pay.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                  I would rather slit my throat than bet against qpr.
                  You might want to do that anyway if QPR screw this promotion up. How would you live it down knowing that QPR could have sewn the title up with 4 games to spare if they had won at Scunthorpe and beat a poor Derby side at home?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    You might want to do that anyway if QPR screw this promotion up. How would you live it down knowing that QPR could have sewn the title up with 4 games to spare if they had won at Scunthorpe and beat a poor Derby side at home?
                    I don't deal with could have, should have, would have,
                    Hungary should have won in 54, Holland in 74 and 78
                    and England should have beaten Brazil in 2002, and qpr should have gone to the european cup instead of liverpool. It is what is is, we must live to fight another day.

Comment

Working...
                    X