Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Mail

From Martin Samuel...

Flavio Briatore, the increasingly ludicrous owner of Queens Park Rangers and the man who brought new meaning to the phrase Manager of the Month, has announced with no apparent irony that he wishes to be assessed over the long term. "I have only had a short time in football and now is not the time to judge me," he says. Briatore is not quite so tardy when it comes to judging others, however.

He is soon to appoint his seventh manager in 20 months and the long service award since his tenure began is held by Luigi De Canio with 35 games. Mick Harford and John Gregory did not make it to double figures, Iain Dowie lasted 15 matches and Paulo Sousa 26.

He may not like it but, within football, the judgment on Briatore is very much in. It rhymes with hillock.
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
    From Martin Samuel...

Flavio Briatore, the increasingly ludicrous owner of Queens Park Rangers and the man who brought new meaning to the phrase Manager of the Month, has announced with no apparent irony that he wishes to be assessed over the long term. "I have only had a short time in football and now is not the time to judge me," he says. Briatore is not quite so tardy when it comes to judging others, however.

He is soon to appoint his seventh manager in 20 months and the long service award since his tenure began is held by Luigi De Canio with 35 games. Mick Harford and John Gregory did not make it to double figures, Iain Dowie lasted 15 matches and Paulo Sousa 26.

He may not like it but, within football, the judgment on Briatore is very much in. It rhymes with hillock.
    Another £80 in someones Sjy Rocket

What crap journalism even if you agree or disagree with the points made!

Comment

I know it has become popular to insert the word "crap" before "journalism" but the guy has won sports journalist of the year and is extremely well plugged in - if he says that is the assessment of people in football I wouldn't dismiss it quite so lightly. Flavio might turn out to be the best chairman of all time, but he still has a bit of work to do...

Comment

Absolutly hilarious! hahaha

Comment

thats not fair

thats not fair i likes to be known as the biggest pillock

Comment

west ham supporting journo martin samuel qpr bashing.

sounds like yours truly!!...lol

Comment

The only thing I can say 15 games is not enough time to judge anyone, though 26 is:boss:
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Yeah I agree.
                Dowie was treated badly and I do think a manager of his mold would be much better than another foreign manager. We need a strict strong personality which is why I didn't think at the time that Warnock was mentioned, I felt wouldn't of been a bad choice. Im hoping no nonsense to kick some of the players in gear.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I agree, a strict no nonsense manager is what the players need.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

i like martin samuel. probably just angry as they now really struggle for sauces at QPR
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

I think we need a Continental,defensive-minded coach who can continue the good work started by the legend that is Paolo Sousa.

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
                        I think we need a Continental,defensive-minded coach who can continue the good work started by the legend that is Paolo Sousa.
                        as long as they're not as boring i dont care
                        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Boring and promotion or exciting and getting nowhere...
                          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                            boring and promotion or exciting and getting nowhere...

spot on

Comment

Legend as a player but when you can bring it up in a sentence referring to his management ability is a little far fetched. I would of thought Paulo would of told us that foreign again would be a disaster. Slow boring defence play under Sousa was hardly anything to get excited about. Still a very nice man so we will leave it there. Boring and promotion??? 0-0's won't get you promoted but will get you bored
                              Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 01-06-2009, 10:29 AM.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X