Premiership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    And talk about top 4 is utterly ludicrous. Would need to spend 200 million for that and even then we would have to triple it to attract top players to a small club.

Get a grip!
    Can you imagine what this site will be like this summer if we get promoted, especially the younger supporters. You think we have some deluded supporters now you wait till the silly season begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
      If we are being honest with ourselfs, how much do we need to spend to:

A) Just stay up
      B) compete bottom half
      C) be a mid table side.

I mean, im sitting here watching the bottom side West Ham, and they would probably smash us. Is the gulf in difference that much from the championship to the bottom of the prem?

What would the board expect next season, just to stay up by the skin of our teeth, or try to compete around mid table? if it is the latter, our whole squad apart from Adel & Kenny will need replacing. Maybe Faurlin would shine, as he would get more time on the ball to spray passes, but I cant see any other player in our squad being able to do the business for a mid table prem side.

Not trying to sound negative, just be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Oh Mr Barca Loner, haven't seen you on here all season since running down hoofball warnock. Support us in the prem would ya??

Comment

Need to invest in our youth setup as much as anything else.
        They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
          Need to invest in our youth setup as much as anything else.
          Absolutely spot on, couldn't agree more.

Comment

not so much how much we spend but who we sign.

i fear with current squad we'd struggle to score in the prem. we also lack the right sort of creativity for certain matches - when teams park the bus, albeit not many teams in prem will park the bus against us.

i have my personal doubt abouts taarabt in the prem if im honest, dont see him getting on the ball enough and being able to do what he does now, unless its from wide positions which we all know isn't his strongest position.

i think most important thing is for the fans to back whoever we have week in week out. otherwise we're doomed.. understand that next year should we go up.. its not going to be pretty, we may get hammered a few times.. so dont jump on players backs so soon.
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Good thread. If we get promoted I believe regardless of who gets relegated there will still be 3 or 4 teams plus the three promoted sides fighting for survival. In previous years the bottom three has been predictable or contested by just a few teams. This season and therefore consequently next season upwards of 6 teams will automatically fight to finish 17th. If WBA, Wigan and Wolves go down the likes of Blackpool, West Ham and even Birmingham could all still be in danger next season. The competition will be tough and will mean fierce competition for the better players. Usually the players from relegated clubs are only wanted by 1 or 2 teams but next season a huge number of clubs will fight for those players.

I think we would need one or two season long loans (eg Walker/Sturridge) a couple of bargains that come off (e.g. Similar to Charlie Adam's success at Pool) and then one or two experienced and established signings (eg Kevin Doyle). Warnock will have to do his homework and take his time. Money will no doubt be limited one mistake is one thing but if we go up we can ill afford two mistakes (Clarke and Hulse).
              Last edited by sirpiechucker; 27-02-2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                And talk about top 4 is utterly ludicrous. Would need to spend 200 million for that and even then we would have to triple it to attract top players to a small club.

Get a grip!
                Top 4- not in a million years. If I were the board I would aim for survival first season and then if we stay up midtable.

This will require some serious investment though.....
                Now, Then, Forever
                [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  If we are being honest with ourselfs, how much do we need to spend to:

A) Just stay up
                  B) compete bottom half
                  C) be a mid table side.

I mean, im sitting here watching the bottom side West Ham, and they would probably smash us. Is the gulf in difference that much from the championship to the bottom of the prem?

What would the board expect next season, just to stay up by the skin of our teeth, or try to compete around mid table? if it is the latter, our whole squad apart from Adel & Kenny will need replacing. Maybe Faurlin would shine, as he would get more time on the ball to spray passes, but I cant see any other player in our squad being able to do the business for a mid table prem side.

Not trying to sound negative, just be interesting to hear your thoughts.

I would say at the minimum we need 10 mill to buy players and then we have to pick up loan players from the big london clubs, fortunately there are 3 now, and a lot of squad players. But I do not think Warnock will buy more than 3 players. He will stick with the core group and upgrade at strker, fullback and CB.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
                    Top 4- not in a million years. If I were the board I would aim for survival first season and then if we stay up midtable.

This will require some serious investment though.....
                    Absolutely. If we go up - coming 4th from bottom next season would be a result and I hope our fans don't lose sight of that.

Then we can start to build, but it is a delicate and long term process if you want to build something that actually lasts.
                    Last edited by silvercue; 28-02-2011, 09:38 AM.
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Personally, I'd want Champions League in the first season.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Agree with Silvercue, look at how many million the likes of Villa, Everton, Liverpool and even Chelsea have spent on those squads and there is a strong possibility that all of them will finish outside of the top 4. To say a team who has failed to beat sides like Norwich, Bristol City, Burnley etc is somehow going to break into the Top 4 is ridiculous. The only way we will be in the top 4 next season is if we get a home fixture in our first match and we manage to win before the big boys play on the Sunday.

As long as there is a clear indication that Warnock will be backed for the long term then we should all (if promoted) take 17th now if offered to us. Survive and build, survive again and build again. Maybe after a decade and with a bit of luck we could possibly break into the top 4 but even then we'd have to finish above the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and (if United, City and Chelsea dominate with their wealth) Arsenal.

Comment

Working...
                        X