Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday, this season, Mowbary's comments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday, this season, Mowbary's comments...

In fairness, I don't think he's far wrong. We were pony in the 1st half, as were they. I agree that 3-0 flattered us, but it is what it is. We're top of the league for a number of reasons. Yesterdays game reflected just many of those.

Kenny - Although he had nothing to do, other than make amends for his early gift to McDonald?, and tip a retaken free-kick over the bar, the lad has been emmence and 19 clean sheets doesn't do justice to his heroics this season.

Hill - As ever, solid performance. He loves to hit the winger hard in the tackle, and is a dominant presence in the air.

Orr - Nothing special, but his usual 7/10 performance. He does a job, and his work tends to go unnoticed. He's a decent full-back, and deserves credit. No Kyle Walker, but we've moved on, and to compare to England's next full-back is too silly.

Hall - It's hard to criticise someone who's just had two clean sheets on the bounce, but he still does worry me. He always looks to mis-time his headers, and instead of lumping them clear, they usually skim to the right, giving wingers the opportunity to pick them up and run at Orr. Harsh, but it's just my take.

S**ttu - A rock once more. I think we can safy say the lad doesn't just hoof it any more. Unbeatable in the air, a menace from set-pieces, and looks far more comfortable passing than the Dan of old. A certain starter for me. I think you know who I'd put alongside him though.

Buzz - I said he was ineffective yesterday, but on reflection, he's getting back to match sharpness. He wasn't bought into the game enough to judge him, and when called upon, he kept a cool head and spread some nice passes into the wide areas. Could yet play an important part for us.

Routledge - Had one of his easiest days. Roasted their Left Back every time. Almost without effort. His pace is electric, and his final ball has improved massively. Outstanding ball with the outside of his boot for HH's second.

Derry - Sean Derry...m' lord...Sean Derry. I think we all know who the real captain is. Gotta love this guy. Great pro, and all the talk of his legs going are laughable. I'm genuinely starting to believe he could play a part next season, in the Prem. Gave the ball away twice, but won it straight back both times. Top, top attitude.

Faurlin - Hard to single him out, but he could have possibly nicked my MOM. Made a few mistakes, but generally calm on the ball. Great 1st touch, and a few classy through balls. Great range of passing in his locker, and a good work rate.

Taarabt - Well, he does try too much, but generally is at theheart of most things good about us. Some great through balls into Routs, and looked up for it yesterday. He got hit hard in the 1st half, and it looked worrying, but he's a big lump and durable with it. Looks impossible to hurt. One sour point was him not letting HH take then pen for his hat-trick. Ok, he scored, so all's forgotten, but you can guarantee if it was the other way round, Heider would have passed the honours over.

Heider - Another top performance. He's my other candidate for MOM. Won nigh on everything in the air, and looks sharper than I've ever seen him. Starting to really gain his confidence in a QPR kit. Pleased for him as 99% of out fans, including me, wouldn't have been too bothered if he went to Watford at the start of the season. Great turn around in his QPR career.

Subs...

Ephraim - Looked ok, but he'll be no more than an impact player. Good pace, and worth keeping.

Connolly - Call me biased, but I think he's a starter. Even playing full-back, he got forward well. Very composed on the ball, even for the short time he was on.

Hulse - Again, only on for a short time, but if I was HH, I wouldn't be worried about my place in the starting 11.

Sorry if this makes no sense. Typing from my iPhone again as my laptop is knackered.

Anyway, we're still top, still the best side in the league, and now I really believe we'll be champions.

Loving it
    Your mum would love me...

Good write up Ben, i take it you are double pleased you decided to go?

Comment

More than happy, Dave. Knackered today though. Didn't get home until 10 to 1.

Comment

Yeah bet it was a long old day.
        Was everyone 'Merry' on the coach on the way home?
        Whose coach was it by the way, the LSA?

Comment

Very long mate. Yeah, lots of people were, but it died down a bit for the last hour or so. I think the early start caught most of us out. It was Vic who arranged it, but it was a mix of LSA and FOQPR on there. Top day out.

Pete's music choice didn't help the atmosphere though. Painful.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            Very long mate. Yeah, lots of people were, but it died down a bit for the last hour or so. I think the early start caught most of us out. It was Vic who arranged it, but it was a mix of LSA and FOQPR on there. Top day out.

Comment

Great write up, many thanks for it.

Comment

My main concern was I hope Pete changed your nappies and gave you enough boiled sweets to last the journey, although fair play nice to see you make a long away journey.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  My main concern was I hope Pete changed your nappies and gave you enough boiled sweets to last the journey, although fair play nice to see you make a long away journey.
                  Rough night again?

Comment

I was on the train on the way down with the players!!! Walked into first to say hello to everybody!
                    Big Dan was an absolute legend!!!!

Comment

on the way up or on the way back down? who were the friendly ones?
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We shared a few friendly exchanges with the locals after. They were lovely, bright people. Some stunning, slim women with wonderful vocabularys too.

Comment

We shared a few friendly exchanges with the locals after. They were lovely, bright people. Some stunning, slim women with wonderful vocabularys too.
                          Did you pull ?

Comment

Only a strain in my side from laughing. It was pretty amusing.

Comment

Working...
                            X