How do these blokes get a job???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do these blokes get a job???

I know that the "expert opinion" of ex-players is the way the newspapers, radio and TV like to educate the masses on what is going on in football.

It's great to have it all explained by those who've played the game, and can inject their knowledge into our feeble brains.

So imagine how grateful I am for the likes of Claridge and Savage for giving me a real inside view on what's going on in the confusing world of 22 blokes kicking a ball around... and now, the latest addition to my list of heroes: Gary Birtles.
    He builds it up with his razor sharp mind, and it's an honour to read the article. But just when you think he can't dazzle you anymore, he comes out with the last line (below)... the killer line. It's f***ing genius.
    Enjoy...

Nottingham Post

Garry Birtles column: Pressure is on QPR as Forest look to force title twist
    To many, tomorrow's showdown at Loftus Road will be viewed as a potential Championship title decider.

But I am not among them.

Because when QPR take on Nottingham Forest in front of the TV cameras all of the pressure will be on one side.
    And I don't mean Forest.

Quite simply, there is more at stake for QPR when the game kicks off at 1.15pm.
    They are top of the table; they are carrying the weight of expectation.
    Neil Warnock's side will view this as an opportunity to establish an advantage.

And, given that they are the home side and their lofty perch, their fans will be expecting them to win again.
    But they are not invulnerable at Loftus Road.

While they have enjoyed three comfortable wins during their last five home outings, they have also been held to a draw by Bristol City and, more significantly, been beaten by Watford.
    Even little blips like that will have sowed a seed of doubt in their minds, given the size of the goal they are pursuing.
    (here's the killer line...)...If they lose, they will start to feel they are no longer unbeatable.

Man alive, that is f*cking DEEP.
    Radical stuff from Birtles there. Really makes you think.

(It makes you think... "how comes I can't steal a living, like he does?)
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Talking about losing to Watford...Jesus wept when was that 3 months ago?!!

Comment

3 losses all season u mug
      CHAMPIONS
      Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Comment

He is a Forest fan and he is trying to get in the minds of the players, like the opposing manager does. Try and take all pressure off his team so they can relax and enjoy the game while at the same time try and put the pressure on the opposition so they frezze and crack. Load of pogwash as Warnock is far far better at this than either of them.

But i do agree with you, he is one commentor i turn off, because in one game i have heard him contradict himself 3 times, and never gives the officals any credit, even when they do what he thinks they should do, always looking to prove hes right.

Waste of space and ear lugs in my veiw
          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

It's this line that gets me:

"If they lose, they will start to feel they are no longer unbeatable".

Proper Colemanball, that line!

I think we know were not "unbeatable", we've lost 3 times... which you spent the previous paragraph telling us, you f*cking oxygen thief.

Warnock managed him at Notts County, so I'm not sure why he's trying to enter into a battle of wits with NW.
            Especially as Birtles is unarmed.

Comment

Ok,We do also have some presssure on us, but here are three reasons why they should at least feel a BIT PRESSURE before kick off tomorrow;

1) it seems like Davies himself are a bit nervous taken his last few comments to the press into consideration.
              Accordingly it´s really make it or brake for them this season. Dunno have realistic such a worry should be given the strong squad the really have, but anyway, they seem to fear for what the future might hold and that in itself generates pressure.

2)I would also say that their long string of wins should worry Forest a bit. Don´t get me wrong, but sooner or later they will lose even if the same results prove what a quality team they have.

3) They have not yet played against many of current top teams, and tomorrow they will def. face the best of them.

Bottomline:To be honest, I dont thing Gary Birtles is all that relaxed ahead of tomorrow´s showdown or whatever he calls it. His article is not the best effort to make QPR nervous I hane seen.

YOURSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
              Last edited by Shania; 12-02-2011, 02:32 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

[QUOTE=Goddard;532685]It's this line that gets me:

"If they lose, they will start to feel they are no longer unbeatable".

Proper Colemanball, that line!

Agree.

If he had said "If they lose, they will start to feel they are catchable," it would have made more sense.

Comment

Right up there with Mark "Lawro" Lawrensons classic brainfart from MoTD a few years back:

"He (Matt Holland) reminds me of a completely different version of Robbie Earle."

Comment

i dont get how people get suprised when ex players who still get a living from their ex clubs are suprised when they are biased.
                    anyone heard bircham lately?

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                      i dont get how people get suprised when ex players who still get a living from their ex clubs are suprised when they are biased.
                      anyone heard bircham lately?

You dont get surprised. But It really makes you wonder how even their own fans can believe in it!
                      Last edited by Shania; 12-02-2011, 02:58 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

it was from the Nottingham Post!

Comment

Working...
                        X