Question for you all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you all.

Have the mittals got involved with QPR only to promote football in india?

Yes or No

IMO definately yes and I think they will never help fund transfers.

Ps please don't take this as a negative post but after the lies that Flavio had stepped down and only being told recently our owner is actually Bernie, do we actually have faith and trust in amit? I think most wouldn't trust him after his full of it interviews on QPR player.
    Yes
    25.64%
    No
    74.36%
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Did they officially tell us Flavio had stepped down or that our owner wasnt Bernie?

Comment

I don't think so. I have been to India and cricket is everywhere, but there are very aware of English football, obviously the Prem. If they wanted a vehicle to bring football to the Indian masses it would have been a massive club, not QPR.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I voted No mate. Purely because I dont think they got involved for footballing reasons at all, I mean why would a billionairre from a country who dont even have a football team , decide to a) get involved with a struggling CCC club b) Decide to promote the game that neither mittal or Bhattia know anything about.

The unanswered question is why did they get involved at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
          I voted No mate. Purely because I dont think they got involved for footballing reasons at all, I mean why would a billionairre from a country who dont even have a football team , decide to a) get involved with a struggling CCC club b) Decide to promote the game that neither mittal or Bhattia know anything about.

The unanswered question is why did they get involved at all.
          They do have a football team.

Comment

Not a chance.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              They do have a football team.
              You know what I meant Myu, there is as much chance as a load of asians from slough Goals getting in their national team as it being any good.

Comment

No, I don't. At least not 'ONLY' to promote football in India.
                Although I think that might have been an interesting side line that could lead to something more in future.

I'm not entirely sure why they got involved, to be honest.
                Perhaps they were just good friends of Flav & Bernie and they may have seen it as a way into F1 (with or without Mallya).
                Perhaps Mittal, wanted a London business to blood his Son in Law in.
                Perhaps they just wanted to lose some money / taxes / etc.

But I DO think they have injected funds into the club. I suspect they bankrolled most of our signings up when they arrived.
                I don't believe Flavio or Bernie have done so since the Indians arrived.

And they're probably paying the lions share of ongoing contractual payments to our recent ex Managers.

Is Dowie still on the payroll ?
                Along with Sousa ? Magilton ?

Comment

Can't say I have ever given it a moments thought and probably never will

Comment

Bernie comes to watch QPR when ever he's in the UK, Flavio as well and stayed till the very end on tuesday and Amit is always there.

If they didn't want to be a part or cared, why bother coming to watch us... I'm sure they all have better things to do?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Bernie comes to watch QPR when ever he's in the UK, Flavio as well and stayed till the very end on tuesday and Amit is always there.

If they didn't want to be a part or cared, why bother coming to watch us... I'm sure they all have better things to do?
                      The Cricket World Cup hasn't started yet.
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I think they use QPR for a bit of fun. No more,no less

Comment

Why did they turn down the chance to buy Flabio's shares as we were told if they were that bothered about the club?

Shown me no intent with regards to finance, seems to be all BE.

But at the same time have they actually done anything for football in India?

Wouldn't make a jot of difference it seems if they walked away tomorrow morning.

Comment

Flavio takes over, has a few friends who are interested.

Bernie and Lakeshmi take in on as a hobby.

Amit being very astute in business like they all are, wants to get involved and can see potential.

Flavio realises its costing a fortune, hoped Lakeshmi takes the reins.

Bernie than decides to take-over the club.

Thats it basically for me.

Okay it helps to promote QPR in India and its a market which is ever growing, but don't think that the sole reason why they got involved
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Really dont see at all why the Mittals have bothered, Amit just spouts what the fans like to hear, spend big if we get to the prem.....yeah right.
                              They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
                              X