We still need a striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We still need a striker

Still short up front ,lots of options in all other departments but not with our strikers,Hulse(disappointing so far),HH(injured),Clarke(shite player),Agymang(out for the season) and Miller(not fully fit and can be recalled at any stage),so why have cover everywhere else but not up front,makes no sense,Im hopeful we do get Benni McCarthy in,we need him.
    Last edited by Rebel R's; 27-01-2011, 06:50 PM.

Benni McCarthy in,we need him.

Course we do!
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

We've scored goals from all over the park this year and NW see's preventing goals as the priority. Its worked thus far so why change it? HH, Hulse, Miller, German, Routledge give us plenty of options.
      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        Still short up front ,lots of options in all other departments but not with our strikers,Hulse(disappointing so far),HH(injured),Clarke(shite player),Agymang(out for the season) and Miller(not fully fit and can be recalled at any stage),so why have cover everywhere else but not up front,makes no sense,Im hopeful we do get Benni McCarthy in,we need him.
        You've left out Adel. He scores more than most strikers.

Comment

I would have mentioned him IF he was a striker but he isn't ,he is a midfielder and a very good one,but this thread is about the number of fit striker we have or don't have

Comment

I would have mentioned him IF he was a striker but he isn't ,he is a midfielder and a very good one,but this thread is about the number of fit striker we have or don't have
            My point is - the fact that he is not strictly speaking a striker is a moot point, because of his (1 in 2) goal scoring ratio being right up there with the best strikers.

It is also partly semantics - in the old days he would have been described as an 'inside-forward'.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
              We've scored goals from all over the park this year and NW see's preventing goals as the priority. Its worked thus far so why change it? HH, Hulse, Miller, German, Routledge give us plenty of options.
              Good to see someone's got a sense of humour. HH, Hulse and German should be sued under the sale of goods act.

Comment

im confident about miller ! he is what we need. he will still learn his trade with us but after couple of games he will shine.

Comment

Whats wrong with Smith leading the line, done it for Watford very successfully for years?

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                    Whats wrong with Smith leading the line, done it for Watford very successfully for years?
                    Agreed but like Mackie and Clarke! not played as a striker under warnock

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                      True. He scored 17 for them in 08/09 season.

Comment

Jeez.......

Benni McCarthy.. we need him!! Blimey never though I'd read that....

Comment

It's not that I especially want McCarthy ,I don't but NW has said he wants him and he is free and he (if fit)would be someone you could throw on with 20 mins to go to win a game,and we could be short of that type of player with the injuries we have.I think it is a pity we didn't go after Austin,would have been a great signing but it would have meant paying a fee which NW wouldn't have been allowed do

Comment

Why not leroy lita?
                            Would be a transfer window to remember if sign him too!!!

Comment

Would take him as well

Comment

Working...
                              X