Shaun Derry..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Derry..

Was keeping tabs on some young players yesterday so couldn't go but sky + the game, watched it this morning how good was Derry? My motm, was wondering could he do the same job in the prem league, some of his tackling was superb , but you know the refs in the top league some are trigger happy, i could see him being sent off a few times in the prem, the refs in the championship seem to be more lenient.

He was awesome yesterday. He gives the flair players license to play. My M-O-M too Unlucky with his booking yesterday, clearly won the ball. But if we go up he will be getting more cards than now, as it's a non contact sport in the Premier League.

Comment

Derry was outstanding yesterday a total rock. I always worry about him because he seems to pick up bookings early in the game. But after his booking he was more measured. One of the most outstanding performances from any of our squad this season. Neil Warnock take a bow for this signing.

Comment

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
        He was awesome yesterday. He gives the flair players license to play. My M-O-M too Unlucky with his booking yesterday, clearly won the ball. But if we go up he will be getting more cards than now, as it's a non contact sport in the Premier League.
        Two great tackles yesterday , but probably would have gone if that was a prem league game, for two yellows.

Comment

his performance was immense , as they used to say . If you hit'em , hit'em hard . Nothing wrong with a hard and fair challenge
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
            Two great tackles yesterday , but probably would have gone if that was a prem league game, for two yellows.
            Are you suggesting the refs would be make decisions differently depending on what league they are working in?

Comment

Originally posted by PutneyHoop View Post
              Are you suggesting the refs would be make decisions differently depending on what league they are working in?
              Yep, definitely , you get away with more in the leagues than you do in the prem league.

Comment

Tidy's up all the sh!t & does a top job in breaking up play. The defenders behind him must love him. Top player.

Comment

Great performance and been our unsung hero this season. Not sure he will still have the legs and distribution skills for the Premiership tho.

Comment

Working...
                  X