• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't laugh it off though mate
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      Firstly nobody is saying that Phillips can play 90 mins week in and week out

Secondly nobody is saying that they want Phillips to play 90 mins week in and week out

Thirdly everybody can see that Phillips would be a better option off the bench than any player we currently have. We have no alternative off the bench. Hulse is like for like with Helgsuon and Ephraim, Clarke, Tofas, Rowlands etc don't have the goal scoring threat full stop.

SQUAD GAME - Not a starting XI game! The team with the best squad, the best options and the one that can call on the best alternatives go up. It's the same every year.

We've lost Mackie and Agyemang meaning we've lost two attacking threats. Miller is just another big man who isn't fit and hasn't completed 90 mins for a long time. Phillips played the full 120 minutes for Birmingham in the 4th round of the Carling Cup this season. He has appeared as a sub time and time again and is fit. Miller isn't.

I agree.

I would like Phillips to come to QPR because although he is unlikely to be fit for 90 mins he can come off the bench and do in 15 mins what Helguson and Hulse can't do, i.e. score from open play.

Who knows, had he been at QPR for the last two games, QPR might have won them instead of drawing and the 7 point lead would still be intact.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        I agree.

I would like Phillips to come to QPR because although he is unlikely to be fit for 90 mins he can come off the bench and do in 15 mins what Helguson and Hulse can't do, i.e. score from open play.

Who knows, had he been at QPR for the last two games, QPR might have won them instead of drawing and the 7 point lead would still be intact.
        That's why I don't understand why pete doesn't get it. Very quick to say we've scored so many why do we need the extra firepower but forgets to look at the bigger picture. We've drawn 10 times this season and failed to score 7 times - we don't have anybody who we can call off the bench who can make the difference. Phillips is fit and wanting to play - Miller is injured and not match fit. He hasn't fulfilled his potential and his record in the last few seasons is non existent - worse in fact than what we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          That's why I don't understand why pete doesn't get it. Very quick to say we've scored so many why do we need the extra firepower but forgets to look at the bigger picture. We've drawn 10 times this season and failed to score 7 times - we don't have anybody who we can call off the bench who can make the difference. Phillips is fit and wanting to play - Miller is injured and not match fit. He hasn't fulfilled his potential and his record in the last few seasons is non existent - worse in fact than what we already have.
          Depressing isn't it.

Comment

Working...
          X