Hulse - whats gone wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulse - whats gone wrong?

I know that although a few had their doubts, myself and a lot of others were very pleased to sign Hulse. We have all seen him score lots of goals in this division, and has always seemed a threat when playing against him.

What has gone wrong? The only goal he has scored is a tap in, scrambled over the line. Hes had loads of chances that youd wish him to be on the end of, but nothing is going in for him!

If he does find his best form, we dont have many problems up front - but for the time being, nothing is finding the net!

Is it a confidence thing? Fitness, formation?

Be patient I think he will come good with goals. In the meanntime he does a good job up top winning and holding up the ball
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

I think fitness was a part of it, taking him a while to get back to full fitness but during which he is definitely suffering from lack of confidence. I was delighted when I heard he'd signed too. Just goes to show signing a proven goalscorer doesn't always work out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
        I know that although a few had their doubts, myself and a lot of others were very pleased to sign Hulse. We have all seen him score lots of goals in this division, and has always seemed a threat when playing against him.

What has gone wrong? The only goal he has scored is a tap in, scrambled over the line. Hes had loads of chances that youd wish him to be on the end of, but nothing is going in for him!

If he does find his best form, we dont have many problems up front - but for the time being, nothing is finding the net!

Is it a confidence thing? Fitness, formation?
        And it wasn't even that, it hit his shin and went in.

Also nothing goes in for him because he's crap imo.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Confidence, a striker needs confidence. It doesn't mater how good you are if you are playing with no or low confidence you will be awful (look at Torres). Hulse is a good player and has proved it at this level. He will come god, but can we and do we have the time to wait for him to come good?
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

i agree, I think he will come good. I just feel though, that im starting to say that every week. I think once one header goes in, he will regain his confidence - and if Routledge signs, we will create even him even more chances

Comment

I think he's too isolated, not getting anyone running onto his flicks most of the time. Would be better suited as one of a pair of strikers imo

Comment

What is the most common word used on this board recently,answer is "patience" !

Comment

I don't think a lot has gone wrong except the finishing, his hold up play has been excellent so has his positional play, he's missed more chances than helgusson recently because he's in the right position.

There is a general lack of confidence in front of goal, but this is no different to Mackie who had been pretty woeful in front of goal running up to his injury.

Crowd getting on his back won't help and he just needs to relax and be confident and the goals will come, once he gets one or two they should really flow.

However saying that players in a 1 up top formation rarely score bundles because of what the role demands, the goals need to come from the three behind him.

Comment

i like hulse good worker, does a great job of holding the ball up.. very gallen-esq.

just needs time and patience. at other clubs he's been played as a 2 man strike force. with us we have him on his own being marked by two centre halves.

he like helguson will come good.
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                      Confidence, a striker needs confidence. It doesn't mater how good you are if you are playing with no or low confidence you will be awful (look at Torres). Hulse is a good player and has proved it at this level. He will come god, but can we and do we have the time to wait for him to come good?
                      Sorry but absolutely no comparison, even Torres at his so called worst still manages to bang in the odd ones on occasions, albeit very rare at the moment.
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                        i agree, I think he will come good. I just feel though, that im starting to say that every week. I think once one header goes in, he will regain his confidence - and if Routledge signs, we will create even him even more chances
                        You forget that Routledge is a bloody awful crosser, his best period with us was playing 2nd striker.

The one player who could provide hulse with goals is Cookie who is still the best crosser at the club IMHO

Comment

When I have seen him play he is lazy sometimes

You see most of the players chasing the ball but he does not do much running

The flick ons he does are okay but its down to luck who gets it most of the time

He looked good at the Cardiff game but thats about it

I think people are fed up of given him chance after chance to prove himself

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                            When I have seen him play he is lazy sometimes

You see most of the players chasing the ball but he does not do much running

The flick ons he does are okay but its down to luck who gets it most of the time

He looked good at the Cardiff game but thats about it

I think people are fed up of given him chance after chance to prove himself
                            he's played 10 league games

Comment

Originally posted by Vish View Post
                              he's played 10 league games
                              Had 1 good game in that 10 imo which is poor

The most important time for the club and dont think we have time to wait for Husle to put in good performances

Need players who are on form now

Comment

Working...
                              X