No announcement yet.

The future of our legend Adel Taarabt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of our legend Adel Taarabt!

ok maybe hes not everyones 'legend', but ever since he signed on loan for us hes the player i most enjoy watching! i think we done ever so well to sign him and i literally love to watch him play, but how far do we reckon he could go in his career?
    Personally i hope that we get promoted and he stays for a crack at the big time with us, i also think that would be the best move for him to. i carnt imagine newcastle or any other side buliding a formation/team around a 21 year old, can you????
    He has that hear at rangers and he has the complete backing of the manager and the fans, to me he is a legend as il remember what hes done at loftus road for us regardless of when and if he leave
    I wouldnt accept any amount of money for him as for what he brings in entertainment value hes irreplaceable!
    If he left us now for a lower half prem side or a team that he wasnt the main focus i think hes career would suffer big time

So who last year on here when we were struggling said we should stay well away from him? Honestly? and if ur one of them has taarabt changed ur mind?

Originally posted by Spagettihoops View Post
    ok maybe hes not everyones 'legend', but ever since he signed on loan for us hes the player i most enjoy watching! i think we done ever so well to sign him and i literally love to watch him play, but how far do we reckon he could go in his career?Personally i hope that we get promoted and he stays for a crack at the big time with us, i also think that would be the best move for him to. i carnt imagine newcastle or any other side buliding a formation/team around a 21 year old, can you????
    He has that hear at rangers and he has the complete backing of the manager and the fans, to me he is a legend as il remember what hes done at loftus road for us regardless of when and if he leave
    I wouldnt accept any amount of money for him as for what he brings in entertainment value hes irreplaceable!
    If he left us now for a lower half prem side or a team that he wasnt the main focus i think hes career would suffer big time

So who last year on here when we were struggling said we should stay well away from him? Honestly? and if ur one of them has taarabt changed ur mind?
    Ability wise he can do what he likes in the game imo. Wouldn't be suprised to see him gracing the champions league with a European giant. If he fulfils his potential is a different story though. look at the likes of Denilson (the real one not the arsenal guy) and Quaresma. Ability wise could of been the worlds best, but haven't done nothing. I hope Adel does go onto have a great career.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

I hold my hands up as I was unsure about signing him.

However I have completely changed my view and since Walker has left us for villa I now accept we are a 1 man team.

I would definately sign Routledge but not if they are trying to dig a deal for adel.

When I say 1 man team I mean outfield players not including Kenny
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Good comparison for Adel for anyone that remembers is him is George Best imo.
        Does very little for 80 mins, but you get 10 mins of genius worth the admission price alone.

and btw, everyone has his price. If a bid of 7 mill came in...........

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
          Ability wise he can do what he likes in the game imo. Wouldn't be suprised to see him gracing the champions league with a European giant. If he fulfils his potential is a different story though. look at the likes of Denilson (the real one not the arsenal guy) and Quaresma. Ability wise could of been the worlds best, but haven't done nothing. I hope Adel does go onto have a great career.
          I think the most important part of his career could ultimately lay ahead with us. I can also see him go onto to play for a European giant there is no reason for him to move to a slightly bigger club then us etc. His focus should be marturing as a player under Warnock the same way Ronaldo did with Sir Alex. He is that good and Warnock has saved his career at such an important age, he will go all the way to the top without a doubt.

Wouldn't it be great to see him crowned as European/World footballer of the year in 6-9 years time and then when asked who he owes it all to and his response was 'Neil Warnock at QPR'.
          Last edited by The White City General; 17-01-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

He's an idol of mine and i've learn a lot of things from him in my own game.

( He will not go in this transfer market though, 100% )
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

i think if hes patient then he can be one of the best in the world!

Comment

He's not going anywhere I spoke to him personally before the Cardiff game and ensured me he's here til the end of the season and that the move to Newcastle he laughed at saying paper talk rubbish, his exact wOrds

Comment

Yes he HAS improved. NW is working wonders.
                  He dives much less that when he 1st arrived on loan = Less bookings.
                  He passes much more than when he 1st arrived on loan.
                  He even occassionally attempts a tackle, I think he even won one once.
                  He gets more shots on target now than when he 1st arrived on loan.

He still needs to work on his shooting and closing down play when we don't have the ball.
                  I'd still like to see him throw a few less strops when things are working for him. Or the Ref is not convinced that he's been fouled, etc. But Derry and other players can do what Wilkins used to do to Ferdinand when his head dropped.

I fear without him (injured/supended), we'll have virtually no creation or end product. But that's not his fault and maybe Routledge and a prolific striker could address that ?

Taraabt IS a genius with the ball, and more importantly, he's OUR genius with the ball.
                  As a playmaker, he potentially he could achieved the heights of Bowles and Marsh in Rangers folklore.
                  He is probably already alongside Currie, Stainrod, Byrne and Buzz.
                  Wegerle, I'm not so sure.

That said of course, he'll only ever be 1 bad pass, or 1 hand gesture, or 1 casual but crucial penalty miss away from many QPR fans sl@gging him off. We love a scapegoat don't we.

I really hope we'll get to see him in hoops in the Prem next season. Because if we fail, he may well see his future elsewhere and our board may well feel the need to cash in.

But until then, I will happily consider my Season Ticket money worth it just to watch him play and I will sit up and lean forward EVERY time he gets the ball.
                  Just like I did with the legends mentioned above, and it's been a fair few years since I could say that !

Just my opinion like.

Comment

Working...
                  X