Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW still fighting his corner after all these years

Neil Warnock still fighting his corner after all these years

He is reminiscing about his “hero” Brian Clough, the lunches they would share as managers in Nottingham between 1989 and 1993, and their first meeting when an awestruck Warnock ordered orange juice but ‘Old Big ’Ead’ insisted they drink pink champagne.

“He used to call me Neil, I used to call him ‘Mr Clough’ and in all that time, I never called him Brian,” says Warnock, who was in charge of Notts County when Clough managed Nottingham Forest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ese-years.html
    Nice article

Yep, a very good article.

We have a very good manager and i remain totally convinced also that our board will back Warnock when they meet on Monday.

He has certainly done his bit by getting us to the top of the league by spending very little.

One last comment, I wish some of the fans would refrain by slating all of the proposed incoming players. You have done this before and ended up with egg on your faces.

Warnock is the best manager in this league. Trust him to do right.

Comment

On Monday, he will meet the club’s three main shareholders, Bernie Ecclestone, Flavio Briatore and Amit Bhatia, to impress upon them the opportunity QPR have.

“They [the owners] are still in the teething situation; I think they would like to see where they are before they actually pay any transfer fees,” he says. “I think we would be a little bit short if we left the squad as it is. I felt at the start of the season we were a fourth to eighth team and we have done better than I ever imagined.”
      I'm sure NW will make a good case for getting the players he wants

Cant see them telling him 'nah mate, get on with it'

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
        Yep, a very good article.

We have a very good manager and i remain totally convinced also that our board will back Warnock when they meet on Monday.

He has certainly done his bit by getting us to the top of the league by spending very little.

One last comment, I wish some of the fans would refrain by slating all of the proposed incoming players. You have done this before and ended up with egg on your faces.

Warnock is the best manager in this league. Trust him to do right.

Agree, good post also.
        They seek him here.................

Comment

The main characteristic that Clough and Warnock share is bringing in players they trust, even it means they follow each other club to club.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
          X