If we get promoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we get promoted

How much do you think we'll need to spend to have a squad capable of staying up. I'm not sure how much cash we'll get for being in the premier but the figure of £25 million springs to mind.

So they pay off the Loan that leaves £15M for new players and wages, Id say thats about the size of the pot, what would £15M buy?

Boo

around 60million aint it when you get promoted? not sure.

We will need to spend a lot in my opinion, then again blackpool have done ok so far.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Blackpool have done very well but to be fair to blackpool they have a brilliant centre mid in Charlie adams and a clinical goal scorer in Dj Campbell, who I think we missed out on. The bloke is a huge QPR fan bigger than most and he would of loved to have joined. I think we nearly signed him in the JM era.

We have tarbs but IMHO only Tarbs, Kenny and Walker are real premiership quality. You could add players that could probably do a job like Smith, Connors and Buzz but thats about it for me.

We would have to spend big. Fair play to Blackpool but a club of there size doesn't normally handle the step up and they are an unusual example.

Players like Clint Hill, Orr, Derry, Mackie aren't good enough and would get embarraced at that level.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

This is how the money was distributed last season:

On top of this there is a £48m parachute payment over 4 years (£16m in each of years 1&2 plus £8m in each of years 3&4).

So even if you take Pompey who finished bottom they earned £31m from last season plus a further £48m over the next 4 years even if they don't get promoted to the Premiership during this time.

Comment

highlight how important promotion is.

Interesting read sir pie. Burnley 33 million after being relegated, a must we go up.

Comment

So taking the above figures into account you are looking at around £30m for a single season followed by £48m over the next 4 years.

If the club are reportedly losing £800k a month then that's £9.6m a year of less than a 1/3 of what we would earn for finishing last. The only time the Premiership isn't worth the hassle is when the increased outgoings are far greater than the incomings otherwise it's the only way for an owner to make money.

Comment

Sir Pie what figure roughly would you say is man u's profit? I know it looks alot of money but I think only a few premiership clubs actually run at a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Sir Pie what figure roughly would you say is man u's profit? I know it looks alot of money but I think only a few premiership clubs actually run at a profit.
                Somewhere there will be the official accounts but if you or anyone else is interested in the financial side of the Premiership check this blog out:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/ - Long reports but definitely worth a read.

Check this one out: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/sear...on%20Wanderers - really goes into the details of why when you do make the Premiership how important it is to stay in their or risk financial oblivion (ala Portsmouth).

Comment

probably got 5 or 6 good enough kenny,Connolly,taraabt,Smith,mackie,Helgusson. team would need revamp need to spend somewhere in the region of 25million. also got about 3 or 4 fringe players who might survive

Comment

Taarabt, Kenny, Faurlin could easily start. Mackie, Helguson, Connolly, Gorkks, Smith could be squad players... thats it

Comment

£15-20m

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Blackpool have done very well but to be fair to blackpool they have a brilliant centre mid in Charlie adams and a clinical goal scorer in Dj Campbell, who I think we missed out on. The bloke is a huge QPR fan bigger than most and he would of loved to have joined. I think we nearly signed him in the JM era.

We have tarbs but IMHO only Tarbs, Kenny and Walker are real premiership quality. You could add players that could probably do a job like Smith, Connors and Buzz but thats about it for me.

We would have to spend big. Fair play to Blackpool but a club of there size doesn't normally handle the step up and they are an unusual example.

Players like Clint Hill, Orr, Derry, Mackie aren't good enough and would get embarraced at that level.

Pot calling the kettle black!!!!!
                        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                        X