Are things really looking that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are things really looking that bad?

Ok crap last week. Lost Mackie, Agyemang and Walker. As someone else said that as well as being first team players they all had pace and that will be missed. Neil says no money to spend on promotion push.

My personal view is we need 2 defenders, a midfielder and preferably 2 attackers to give ourselves best chance of promotion. However even without those our squad looks ok.

The reason we got Walker was because Orr got injured. Rightly we were delighted when we bought Orr as he is a very good RB in this division and we have been crying out for one for years. He looked good before his injury and can again. My main concern in that area is lack of cover.

Initial impressions of Moen very good. Could give us a real boost particularly if he can share set piece duties with Adel as that is not his strongest point. Rowlands back to fitness and he can play all across midfield and at a push deputise at RB. Rumours of dispute with Warnock but if that can be overcome very good player at this level.

Possible longshot given his incredibly bad luck with injuries but Cookie been training properly for last month and getting near team. In his day best winger in this division and when last fit was starting to look like getting some form.

For me our main problem is we look very threadbare and it would only take a couple more injuries or suspensions for that to be badly exposed. A first 11 of the following would do me:

Kenny

Orr Connolly Gorkss Hill

Derry

Smith Faurlin Moen

Taarabt

Hulse

Quite a few options on bench even with injuries. Is it good enough for automatic? In my book not really as lacks goals but that said one of our main pieces of good luck this season has been poor quality of opposition. If Bardiff were to lose Bothroyd and/or Bellamy then I could see them slip away as usual. Don't think Swansea or Norwich will be able to keep going. That leaves Leeds who with a couple of signings I think could win it.

Overall we have a chance but to make sure open your cheque book Bernie. You won't get a better chance than this season.

Pretty much agree, only thing i would do different is have Helgusson instead of Hulse, i haven't been impressed with him, ok he can hold the ball up, but he cant score (unless it goes in off his shin, as per his only goal for us, not good for a lone striker)
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Ok crap last week. Lost Mackie, Agyemang and Walker. As someone else said that as well as being first team players they all had pace and that will be missed. Neil says no money to spend on promotion push.

My personal view is we need 2 defenders, a midfielder and preferably 2 attackers to give ourselves best chance of promotion. However even without those our squad looks ok.

The reason we got Walker was because Orr got injured. Rightly we were delighted when we bought Orr as he is a very good RB in this division and we have been crying out for one for years. He looked good before his injury and can again. My main concern in that area is lack of cover.

Initial impressions of Moen very good. Could give us a real boost particularly if he can share set piece duties with Adel as that is not his strongest point. Rowlands back to fitness and he can play all across midfield and at a push deputise at RB. Rumours of dispute with Warnock but if that can be overcome very good player at this level.

Possible longshot given his incredibly bad luck with injuries but Cookie been training properly for last month and getting near team. In his day best winger in this division and when last fit was starting to look like getting some form.

For me our main problem is we look very threadbare and it would only take a couple more injuries or suspensions for that to be badly exposed. A first 11 of the following would do me:

Kenny

Orr Connolly Gorkss Hill

Derry

Smith Faurlin Moen

Taarabt

Hulse

Quite a few options on bench even with injuries. Is it good enough for automatic? In my book not really as lacks goals but that said one of our main pieces of good luck this season has been poor quality of opposition. If Bardiff were to lose Bothroyd and/or Bellamy then I could see them slip away as usual. Don't think Swansea or Norwich will be able to keep going. That leaves Leeds who with a couple of signings I think could win it.

Overall we have a chance but to make sure open your cheque book Bernie. You won't get a better chance than this season.

BUZZ? have everyone forgotten one of the best playmakers in the championship?

Comment

Working...
      X