Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea how long Jamie will be out for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    technically, in a medical sense there is no such thing as a "broken" body part, it is said to be fractured.

fractures of course vary in severity from spiral fractures all the way to compound fractures.

http://bonesfracture.com/

Comment

"The usual healing time for a mid-shaft Tibia and Fibula fracture treated with cast immobilisation is 12 to 16 weeks. This is followed by rehabilitation with a Chartered Physiotherapist to restore the range of ankle and knee movement, and to restore the muscle strength that is lost during the immobilisation period. Depending on the fracture type and its location the orthopaedic doctor may allow the use of a Removable Plastic Cast Walker instead of a plaster cast."

Hope he's back by pre-season

Comment

did he break his fiiby and tibby? if so my mate was out for 9 months before fully fit. depends how bad the break is.

My dad broke both as well and is a marathon runner, 11 years on he still feels it.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
          did he break his fiiby and tibby? if so my mate was out for 9 months before fully fit. depends how bad the break is.

My dad broke both as well and is a marathon runner, 11 years on he still feels it.
          I'm afraid so

'He's broken both bones, his tibia and his fibula, and he's gone to hospital but will travel home with us,' said Warnock

Comment

well im afraid from what I have seen of 2 people with broken fibs and tibs, he wont be back before pre season, and he definetley wont be the same player. Horrible injury to get.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

I fractured my fib and tib in may last year was in a full cast for only 4 weeks heal quick me bones are ok and were by late jully saldy for me i snapped my acl at the same time still waiting for the good old nhs to put that right.

But a freind broke his fib and tib a while before me and he did not walk for a year so there you go all depends on where the fracture is.

I doubt they will cast him right away cos of the swelling probally get it done on monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Frode View Post
                Give up, and learn to read
                And while your at it "Get rid of that poxy avatar", he aint even one of our own :rage:

Comment

Working...
                X