Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Did The FA Cup Start Losing Its Tradition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadwell72 View Post
    Yep totally agree, they should've been banned from entering the competition ever again :rage:
    Why? It was the FA who forced them to withdraw. Ferguson and Gill were dead set against it but it devalued their own competition, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
      TV.

It was the only live domestic club game on the telly for about 60 years.
      It was a special day for football fans. Unique.

Now? it's just another live tv game.

££££ TV £££££
      That's it exactly, it was special, now it's just another game.
      Remember when the cup final programme used to start about 8 in the morning!

Comment

What Nodge said.

The FA Cup lost its magic round about the same time football lost its magic and became a business thanks to Sky. Well done you all for paying into their coffers and supporting the death of the beautiful game.

Yeah!

Comment

Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
            That's the answer , why didn't I think of that!

Comment

I think the overblown European competitions have helped kill it.Top 6 guarantees European football,which i think is wrong.

I think the 4th European spot should go to the FA Cup winners,not 4th league place.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                I think the overblown European competitions have helped kill it.Top 6 guarantees European football,which i think is wrong.

I think the 4th European spot should go to the FA Cup winners,not 4th league place.
                yes to the top clubs it falls behind domestic championship and european competitions, in 1977 Rangers brought around 8000 to Coventry in a 5th rd clash and lets not forget 13000 against Wimbledon in mid nineties
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

1982, we woz wobbed. Anyone watched the 2 games in full since? Today we would have won that game
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                  X