Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is greater transparency needed from management?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is greater transparency needed from management?

I'm fully aware that it is the transfer window, which brings gossip and numerous rumours onto messageboards such as this one, 99% of which are completely unfounded. However, is it a realistic proposal for the club at such a time to increase 'club statements' or even have a Q&A session for the fans with Neil Warnock to express their views?

For instance, if such a session were to happen, questions such as 'Why aren't we (if we're not already) looking at a striker?'; 'do you have anyone in mind to replace Kyle Walker?' etc. I know that the club cannot possibly comment on every single rumour, but there wouldn't be any harm in a session on 31st jan (after the window) for instance...

thoughts?

Originally posted by iloverangers View Post
    I'm fully aware that it is the transfer window, which brings gossip and numerous rumours onto messageboards such as this one, 99% of which are completely unfounded. However, is it a realistic proposal for the club at such a time to increase 'club statements' or even have a Q&A session for the fans with Neil Warnock to express their views?

For instance, if such a session were to happen, questions such as 'Why aren't we (if we're not already) looking at a striker?'; 'do you have anyone in mind to replace Kyle Walker?' etc. I know that the club cannot possibly comment on every single rumour, but there wouldn't be any harm in a session on 31st jan (after the window) for instance...

thoughts?
    I'd rather they spent their time focusing on team affairs - fans and press speculate and act all itk - when things don't materialise the massess accuse them on being tight or lacking ambition, because they've all been whipped into a frenzy by the rumour mill - but that is not the club's fault so why should they give time of day to people who want to know why we didn't buy the host of rumoured players when the time would be better spent on the training ground?
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

qprfc is and always has been run on an almost 'masonic' like basis...its fans always left in the dark and shown little if any respect!!!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I understand it's not a 100% productive process for the club to commit to such an arrangement - but especially in our current situation (i.e. greatest chance to win promotion in years due to financial resources and league position) would it not be a good idea to ease the 'fears' (a term used very loosely) about our transfer policy?

We all know we do need some additions, opinions will vary on the positions required though the majority will see a striker as the most important. However, all we have heard so far is Warnock's opinion that one or two loan (insinuated) additions will be enough. I feel that after the window would be the best time to have such a session, so that we don't look like idiots during it.

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
          qprfc is and always has been run on an almost 'masonic' like basis...its fans always left in the dark and shown little if any respect!!!
          Hmmmm...... why would Masons try to keep people in the dark and show little respect? ... my knowledge of Masons, is that they raise a lot of money for charity, and they are open and honest.

Middlesex masons raised £4,060,543 in 2009 for charitable purposes (source www.middlesexfreemasons.org.uk/2009.htm )

Nowm, turning to your point about QPR... what club in its right mind would want to publish, or discuss in advance transfer plans? ..... the deal is done, once a player has signed. We all know how fraught it can be, with agents etc. QPR world announce signings directly they are a done deal, and that's fine by me.

Comment

"Nowm, turning to your point about QPR... what club in its right mind would want to publish, or discuss in advance transfer plans? ..... the deal is done, once a player has signed. We all know how fraught it can be, with agents etc. QPR world announce signings directly they are a done deal, and that's fine by me."

I mentioned that this would be a valuable exercise after the transfer window for obvious reasons. However, let's say it's February 1st and we've failed to sign anyone. Would it not be a calming influence on the fans to hear from Warnock directly the reasons behind such a strategy? Fans, afterall, have a much greater interest in the club than merely turning up on a saturday afternoon. I don't think it would be a negative exercise at all, quite the opposite.

Comment

I understand fans wanting to know almost every detail but personally I would rather Warnock, Amit etc to concentrate on getting things in place and going on their track record so far I have every confidence they will get it right.

This time of year it's like a big game of poker. If Warnock comes out saying I've got £10 million cash on the hip and I want a Right Back and a Striker for example any one we go in fors price is going to increase straight away. What information is he going to tell us anyway. Any big revelation is going to put us potentially at a disadvantage. For example "Oh we've got a deal in place to get X the young up and coming player at Arsenal / Spurs etc. That is just going to alert every other club and at a time where certain clubs down the bottom of the Prem will be looking to make improvements in order to stay on the Premier League gravy train we could find our target going somewhere else i.e West Ham, Villa etc.

I understand fans having an unquenchable thirst for all things Rangers but think the idea of Warnock giving a candid Q&A at this stage could be detrimental. Additionally the loan window doesn't expire until March I believe and I can't imagine a Q&A happening at the business end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by qprdad View Post
                Hmmmm...... why would Masons try to keep people in the dark and show little respect? ... my knowledge of Masons, is that they raise a lot of money for charity, and they are open and honest.

Middlesex masons raised £4,060,543 in 2009 for charitable purposes (source www.middlesexfreemasons.org.uk/2009.htm )

Nowm, turning to your point about QPR... what club in its right mind would want to publish, or discuss in advance transfer plans? ..... the deal is done, once a player has signed. We all know how fraught it can be, with agents etc. QPR world announce signings directly they are a done deal, and that's fine by me.
                Let us into that secret handshake thingy you do. Could come in handy if captured by OB

Comment

Working...
                X