Players Wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players Wages

I read a few posts which suggested that £25k a week for Jason Roberts was too much for a 3 year contract, even though players tend to last into their mid thirties these days

I know a guy who used to play for Villa and was on £22k a week in his second full season in the premiership and that went up from there. I have also seen that Adebayor is on £160k a week at Man City. Didn't Hull pay Bullard £40k a week after just coming back from a career threatening injury too?

If you make the comparison then £25k a week for Roberts will get us a player that will hopefully give us the right to fight relegation in the Premier League next season. And on those premiership wages we would also be justified in regarding him as a squad striker!

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    I read a few posts which suggested that £25k a week for Jason Roberts was too much for a 3 year contract, even though players tend to last into their mid thirties these days

I know a guy who used to play for Villa and was on £22k a week in his second full season in the premiership and that went up from there. I have also seen that Adebayor is on £160k a week at Man City. Didn't Hull pay Bullard £40k a week after just coming back from a career threatening injury too?

If you make the comparison then £25k a week for Roberts will get us a player that will hopefully give us the right to fight relegation in the Premier League next season. And on those premiership wages we would also be justified in regarding him as a squad striker!
    It was actually confirmed as £20k a week on a 2 year deal Sheep. Seems a fair deal & the going rate.

Comment

Have we signed him? first thread ive been on today.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Na mate just speculation as usual.

Comment

and too think robbo was on £37.54 and all the pies he could eat a week at bucks town!!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X