Pride of west London song??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingo View Post
    Man U had a version (probably the original) so did Spurs and other clubs too. In the 70's virtually every song was just adapted and sung by each club, including You'll never walk alone.

But we all hated Nottingham Forest !!
    We all travelled over land and sea (and Leicester) at the time too.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
      We all travelled over land and sea (and Leicester) at the time too.
      The 'and Leicester' was a QPR addition, mainly due to Joey Walters scoring a double against us in the FA Cup.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Do not mention Walters to me!!! That was the first time Rangers ever broke my young heart. Thought we'd be sorted with Weller being out for that match - I don't recall why but spookily that's the second time I have mentioned Weller today) and he did the super sub routine on us. Bastrad. Young dreams crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
          Do not mention Walters to me!!! That was the first time Rangers ever broke my young heart. Thought we'd be sorted with Weller being out for that match - I don't recall why but spookily that's the second time I have mentioned Weller today) and he did the super sub routine on us. Bastrad. Young dreams crushed.
          Yep, to say I was confident of a win in that game was an understatement but true to form, big crowd, high expectation and a Rangers loss with an unknown scoring twice. a pattern that we have repeated many times over the years.
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Too true mate, too true. I remember that game vividly. Doubtless so vivid due to the pain since looking up the date I now I see I was only 9 (coming on 10). But I remember standing at the front of the Loft thinking we were home and dry with Weller out. Over 34 thousand were there that day share our pain (those that are still alive!)

Comment

Anyone got a tune to the pride of west london
              WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Working...
              X