Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we want promotion

put a cheeky bid in for Kevin Phillips.

Will get 5-6 months out of him. He will guarantee you goals but also has that touch of class about him.

I mentioned in a post last night that we dont have two men in the box at any one time. Hulse was on his own for much of yesterday.

Phillips would come cheaply and much better value than risking £2 million on someone that is unproven at this level.

Add to that someone that can cross the ball from right hand side of the pitch, Paul scholes and promotion will be guaranteed.

We are lacking finesse. Wilkins and Trevor Francis had it in abundance.

Originally posted by conners View Post

Will get 5-6 months out of him. He will guarantee you goals but also has that touch of class about him.

I mentioned in a post last night that we dont have two men in the box at any one time. Hulse was on his own for much of yesterday.

Phillips would come cheaply and much better value than risking £2 million on someone that is unproven at this level.

Add to that someone that can cross the ball from right hand side of the pitch, Paul scholes and promotion will be guaranteed.

Comment

Yes - Let's bring in Giggsy and Becks whilst we're at it.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Paul Scholes???

Have you been licking yellow toads??
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

referring to that type of player (i.e. old head that may be up for one last challenge if a success bonus is chucked in)

Comment

liverpool are trying to get sturridge on loan from the russians.
            and west ham tring to buy robbie keane and loan wayne bridge. wonder if city will take the same stance and not let a palyer go to a prem club and then we could go for him?

Comment

Phillips too old now

Comment

totaly agree phillips will still score the goals at this level to get us to the promised land no matter how old he is,then we have to spend big to stay up there as our second best player so far this season (walker) cant even get into spuds 1st team shows the gap between leagues as it states in good report in the sun today

Comment

Originally posted by superhoops1962 View Post
                  totaly agree phillips will still score the goals at this level to get us to the promised land no matter how old he is,then we have to spend big to stay up there as our second best player so far this season (walker) cant even get into spuds 1st team shows the gap between leagues as it states in good report in the sun today
                  yeah good report that today. says if we want to go up as champions then we have to start taking our chances in front of goal. also says that bernie wont spend tillw e are up, and then hes going to have to spend big cos the gulf is so big, this qpr would surely be the whipping boys of the championship and have no chance of staying up.
                  not saying i agree with it, but you can see why they say it.

Comment

Lets all have some of what you're on please... Philips can't manage more than 45mins of football a week hence his cameo 15mins sub roll if Birmingham are losing or drawing. I reckon you've missed Les Ferdinand off that list of pensioners

Comment

I completely agree re the Phillips part, i think he could be the difference between play off and automatic

Comment

phillips would of scored at least one saturday. even if he only got the second half.
                        he has near on single handedly taken birmingham and west brom up from this division in recent years with his crucial goals at the crucial times.
                        bloke doesnt have to do anything, he doesnt hold the ball up, he doesnt win win headers, bring others into play, drive the team coach or cut the half time oranges, he just hits the back of the net near on every time he sets foot onto a football pitch.
                        would deffo garuntee us promotion, dont care how old he is, he doesnt do much other than swing his foot out, and hes still as fit as a butchers dog.

Comment

German can do a better job than Hulse , a bit raw but I'm sure he would find the back of the net
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                            German can do a better job than Hulse , a bit raw but I'm sure he would find the back of the net
                            Nah.
                            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                            X