No announcement yet.

Walker gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom Line: He's too good for this division, and unlike Taarabt...we don't own him.

It's a shame, but luckily the window is open to do something about it.

Having sulked like a bitch all evening about yesterdays game - I haven't been as frustrated and p*ssed off about a result all season, even more so than our defeats... I suppose you have to just get over it, take it on the chin and move on.

I don't think Warnock gives two curly turds about The FA Cup this season, so hopefully he'll have time to get on the phone over the next 11 days before Burnley, and shape the squad for the league run in.

Any replacement for Walker will be compared with him, so that'll make it hard to get excited about any defenders signed. But we need some pace at the back... at least Walker highlighted that issue.

The striker thing still puzzles me. It really does.
    It seems to me that Hulse was clearly tiring as the game went on yesterday, and yet NW obviously still sees a tired Hulse as more of a threat than Agyemang or German... and didn't make the change he would have done if we had a genuine threat on the bench.

If we had a goal threat with a bit of pace, it would force teams to defend deeper, and give us another option.... but Agymang has pace, and yet isn't considered good enough to start games... or even come on as a sub!

I can see that the priority is defensive cover, I agree with that... but getting someone in with pace up front to force teams to defend deeper would take the pressure off our defenders to keep clean sheets.

The consolation for me is... I don't actually believe a word that comes out of Neil Warnocks mouth, when he has a microphone placed in front of it.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Just read this in the Standard, seems NW is still holding out hope for Kyle to stay but with an announcement made on the offy I would say this is highly unlikely.

Standard 4th Jan

Neil Warnock will today ask Spurs boss Harry Redknapp to extend Kyle Walker's loan spell at Queens Park Rangers by claiming the youngster is better off in the Championship.

The 20-year-old is set to return to White Hart Lane having helped Rangers go five points clear during his three-month stint at the club.

And the full-back impressed in front of Redknapp during yesterday's 2-2 draw with Bristol City and could now go on loan to a Premier League club. But Warnock, whose side threw away two points at the death when Steven Caulker — another Tottenham loanee — headed in, is desperate to keep Walker at Loftus Road.

“They want him back and we are still talking to them but I think they want him to go to the Premier League and there are one or two clubs talking about him,” he said.

“I don't think he's ready for that yet, I think he's better off playing 20 more games with us. He'd like to stay and I don't think Harry is against it.”

Comment

Neil Warnock do some of your magic and get Kyle Walker back :D quality player who went on soem pretty amazing runs from one end of the pitch to the over :D

Comment

Sign him permanently when we go up, clearly loves it here

Comment

He'll cost upwards of 10 million. Dont know why people are on about 3, they paid 5!

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
              He'll cost upwards of 10 million. Dont know why people are on about 3, they paid 5!
              That was for 2 players though, Walker & Naughton.

Agree though he has all the attributes to become a £10m man.

Comment

russia are recalling promising 19 year old left back ben gordon from kilmarmock cos they want him nearer to home, and have clubs after him in london.
                hes done really well in scotchland and they are gutted hes leaving.
                wonder where hes off to?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  That was for 2 players though, Walker & Naughton.

Agree though he has all the attributes to become a £10m man.
                  Ric it was 5 million a piece? 10 million deal in total for the pair.

Comment

Wow didn't realise that. Thought it was for the pair.

We were lucky to have him. Gutted today.

Comment

i seriously never knew that either.
                      well if they paid 5 million and hes improved untold, they wouldnt take any less than 8 million now.
                      we were damn lucky to have him here.
                      blimey, we had a 5 million pound player here for a few months. whod of thunk it.

Comment

Great young player so shame. However we have been crying out for a decent right back for past couple of seasons and got one in Orr. Looked good before he got injured so not a disaster.

Good luck to Walker. Always looked like he was genuinely enjoying his football rather than thinking just about what he was earning. Villa good move for him provided he gets games.

Comment

This is terrible news, one if not the best player of the season so far, and now we have no pace at the back, i really thought he'd stay till the end of the season.

Comment

open letter to Kyle

Thanks Kyle for terrific performances throughout your loan period. Having seen Rangers since the Dawes, Neil fullback days, it was without doubt the most enjoyable performances from a defender in years.
                            My son is gutted as you quickly became his favourite player. Never mind we will be cheering your name in an England shirt sometime.

Comment

Working...
                            X