Dont lose the positivity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont lose the positivity!

I am as frustrated as anyone about yesterdays game, and it almost feels like defeat and i agree, that there are a few things to be concerned about.

However, we were always going to have at least one game like this,and there will probably be more to come! Everyone has it, its football. There have been times where we have played crap, and snatched undeserved points, and there have been times like yesterday where I honestly thought we were superb, but only got a point.

We are still 5 points clear, and the last thing we want at this stage of the season is bringing back negativity! We are just a few months from being back in the Premiership, if we can keep it up. Yes, things need to be addressed (and who says they wont?) but for the time being, we are top, 5 points clear, teams around us arent exatly doing brilliantly either at the moment, and its also the start of the transfer window.

Yes, we are still crying out for a goal scorer and Walker has gone back - but Warnock is no mug. He can see these weaknesses just as much as we can, and will do all he can to put them right. We doubted this side at the beginning of the season, but Warnock has brought us to top of the table for pretty much the whole season so far. Lets keep our trust, and get behind the side - as negativity will only limit our chances of promotion further.

We were brilliant yesterday, and on another day we could have had 5 or 6 goals! Sometimes it just works like that. Man Utd a couple of years back absoloutely killed us at Old Trafford in the cup, but only got one lucky penalty at the death - it happens. Hopefully a couple of players will come in, but who would have thought we would be in this position right now?

Moen sounded promising in those last seconds yesterday and I am sure there will be more signings, I think we will be alright by the end of the month. But I still do not want us to lose to Blackburn
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Fighting a losing battle Dando - so few replies on a positive thread. Yes, we have had a poor run but as you say we are 5 points clear with a game in hand on the chasing pack baah Cardiff
      We should all know Christmas is a funny time - 4 games in no time takes its toll on everyone - and for me the big positive was that we played well yesterday and created all those chances and would have won comfortably but for some pathetic defending.
      PVM looked fresh and sharp for the few minutes he was on and Buzz can't be far away now?
      We also have a bit of respite now and can re-group..........I would far sooner be in our position than anyone else in the league. C'mon Rangers.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

completely agree. We are in a great position, and not everythnig will go right for us in every game. I admit, I am concerned that Walker has left, and we do need a striker - but theres far worse than Orr. Maybe hes not so good gonig forward, but hes solid defensively and has a decent cross. Im sure Warnock will add to the squad, he wants promotion just as much as we do, hes said it many times how much he wants to manage in the premiership. As soon as we start saying "hes crap" etc etc, is where we go back to the previous recent seasons of going down hill. We are top of the league - with a game in hand on a few! We have as good chance as anyone else in this division and have barely moved off top spot all season, why would we now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
          I am as frustrated as anyone about yesterdays game, and it almost feels like defeat and i agree, that there are a few things to be concerned about.

However, we were always going to have at least one game like this,and there will probably be more to come! Everyone has it, its football. There have been times where we have played crap, and snatched undeserved points, and there have been times like yesterday where I honestly thought we were superb, but only got a point.

We are still 5 points clear, and the last thing we want at this stage of the season is bringing back negativity! We are just a few months from being back in the Premiership, if we can keep it up. Yes, things need to be addressed (and who says they wont?) but for the time being, we are top, 5 points clear, teams around us arent exatly doing brilliantly either at the moment, and its also the start of the transfer window.

Yes, we are still crying out for a goal scorer and Walker has gone back - but Warnock is no mug. He can see these weaknesses just as much as we can, and will do all he can to put them right. We doubted this side at the beginning of the season, but Warnock has brought us to top of the table for pretty much the whole season so far. Lets keep our trust, and get behind the side - as negativity will only limit our chances of promotion further.

We were brilliant yesterday, and on another day we could have had 5 or 6 goals! Sometimes it just works like that. Man Utd a couple of years back absoloutely killed us at Old Trafford in the cup, but only got one lucky penalty at the death - it happens. Hopefully a couple of players will come in, but who would have thought we would be in this position right now?
          Well said. Yes we do need a striker, and defensive cover, but FFS we are top of the league by five points, with 21 games to go. I do feel if we can string a few results together will can pull clear. We are just coming off a tough run of games, and have played most of the top eight recently. The chasing pack are just as up and down, as us recently.
          As you say Warnock know what he's doing, and what he wants. This is the best situation this club has been in for over 15 years, and sometimes I wonder what it will take to get more people being positive.
          We all need to get behind the team on the run in, and not let a any hiccups start hysteria.

Comment

i dont think its about not being positive. i mean no-one hardly said a word when not one out field player looked to of turned up at norwich. it was just accepted, cos we know we are not as formidable as we were earlier in the season. so losing away is starting to be accepted now, a draw is amazing and a win considered out of this world.
            the point is to go up automatic we need to win as many of our home games as we can (if not them all).
            and against rubbish like bristol city were, and the missed chances after our total domination, and two bad goals conceded, people are going to get a bit worried that we are slowing up far to much for our own good.
            we are in a warnock wonderland and top of the league and have been near on all season, we all just want us to stay there thats all imho.
            so still seriously positive, just a bit nervous after recent performances and results is my take on it.

Comment

Working...
            X