Buzsaky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR_W12 View Post
    Adel's set pieces are poor, regardless of what anyone on here says. There has been matches with over 10 corners and not even came close to converting. For example yesterday's game, Bristol had how many corners? 2-3? and scored a very well deserved header. Obviously some would say, Adel can't header so let him take the set pieces, but I feel for corners especially, he would be great lingering around the box looking for the loose ball.

And in the meantime, give these duties to Smith or Buzz (when fit) - someone with half a chance of putting in a good delivery and clearing the first man.

Not only are our set pieces non-threatening, they often concede possession cheaply and leave us vulnerable to the quick counter-attack when so many of our players are pushed forward. How many times have the opposition burst forward and put us under pressure because Adel's kicked it straight at them? And Hill and Gorkss aren't renowned for their pace at getting back leaving Kenny exposed.

Comment

Adel's set pieces are poor, regardless of what anyone on here says. There has been matches with over 10 corners and not even came close to converting. For example yesterday's game, Bristol had how many corners? 2-3? and scored a very well deserved header. Obviously some would say, Adel can't header so let him take the set pieces, but I feel for corners especially, he would be great lingering around the box looking for the loose ball.
      lol true...cant tackle or shoot on target much either
      dunno how he gets a start in the team

Comment

I agree, and as Taarabt can't head the ball well, he would be very useful to have on the edge of the box to latch on to any clearances.

Comment

I'm not Taarabts greatest fan by any stretch of the imagination, drives me mad.
          But I am beginning to see his good side more favourably just recently though, but in no way should he be taking all the corners and free kicks.

For someone so talented, his delivery from deadball situations is incredibly poor.

One reasonable free kick or corner every couple of games and that's being generous.

Would like to see Smith taking a few or what about the new guy Moen. Isn't he meant to have a decent free kick on him.

Apart from which, as someone else pointed out in an earlier post - with Taarabts eye for goal from outside the box surely he is better off hanging around just outside the area.

Could see him banging in a few spectacular goals from there.

Then we could all be happy.

Comment

Working...
          X