No twelfth man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No twelfth man

As much as I despise Leeds fans, I have to admit that their support was unbelievable when we played them recently. IMO their fans played a massive role in their team winning.

Our fans today were far from being a twelfth man. Even when we went ahead the ground was morgue-like.

How many points could our home support cost the team this season?

Couldn't believe how quiet it was today.
    No way can we lift the team with such poor support.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
      As much as I despise Leeds fans, I have to admit that their support was unbelievable when we played them recently. IMO their fans played a massive role in their team winning.

Our fans today were far from being a twelfth man. Even when we went ahead the ground was morgue-like.

How many points could our home support cost the team this season?
      Not as many as Rob Hulse
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Fifty six.

Sod it, fifty six and a half.

Comment

X-block was fine ... a little quieter than usual but still decent.

Comment

Nearly always quiet...

only the Reading and Baadiff games have there been decent atmospheres that I have been to this season... I've been coming to LR since 1981 and it's always been the same as far as I can remember although probably felt better when we used to stand in the Loft....

Comment

Acoustics. Simple as. Q P R blocks are always pretty good but the noise simply doesn't travel. Likewise from there you can rarely hear the away fans.

Comment

We have always had a small fans base of circa. 11K. Today I sat in X Block and although the five or so people in a group in the row behind me cheered our goals and clapped for good play they had no idea who our players are. None of them knew Adel has scored three or four penalties already this season out of the 9 we've won. They just kept asking who was who. When this type of support makes up 3-4K casual supporters the atmosphere will suffer.
                22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I sit in X block and there are very few 'regulars'.
                  Usually have people near me who seem to base all their comments on the media view of us -- a very common one is "we've spent so much money -- 3 million on that Taraabt bloke and he can't even pass".
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Atmosphere was shocking from the off. When players came out for the second half it felt more like a practice match. If you are the only ones singing and shouting round about you, you tend to give up after a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X