Our right hand side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our right hand side

This recent talk about Walker's loan not being extended past the Bristol City game on Monday got me thinking for a positive, should this indeeed transpire.

Can anyone confirm when Walker's first game for us was? I went to Ipswich away and think that was his 2nd game...

Anyway, I think I'm right in stating that Mackie's goals dried up once Walker had started playing at RB and had bedded himself in for a couple of games before going on lots of forward runs, making Mackie really consider his defensive duties, to the point of being 30-40% Right back.

If this is correct this will be a good reason why Mackie has only scored 1 in 15and before scored 8 in 7 with either Orr behind him (who doesn't get forward as much or anywhere as quickly) or with an "early/getting used to us" Walker.

I want Walker to stay on don't get me wrong but there might be better offensive performances to come from Mackie if Orr plays behind him.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure Mackie and Orr will do decent job down our right.

But you can not replace a player that can pick the ball up on the
    edge of hes own box and has the strength and pace to turn defence
    into attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      This recent talk about Walker's loan not being extended past the Bristol City game on Monday got me thinking for a positive, should this indeeed transpire.

Can anyone confirm when Walker's first game for us was? I went to Ipswich away and think that was his 2nd game...

Anyway, I think I'm right in stating that Mackie's goals dried up once Walker had started playing at RB and had bedded himself in for a couple of games before going on lots of forward runs, making Mackie really consider his defensive duties, to the point of being 30-40% Right back.

If this is correct this will be a good reason why Mackie has only scored 1 in 15and before scored 8 in 7 with either Orr behind him (who doesn't get forward as much or anywhere as quickly) or with an "early/getting used to us" Walker.

I want Walker to stay on don't get me wrong but there might be better offensive performances to come from Mackie if Orr plays behind him.

Thoughts?

These are my exact thoughts re: Mackie.

I believe that the drying up of Mackie's goals has been due to the change at right-back.

However, I think that NW will pull off another coup and keep Walker here. Either way, I feel we will be fine.
      Be nice to Minty

Comment

I agree Minty. Having Walker has been worthwhile, even at the detrament to Mackie's goals (just).

Comment

Working...
        X