Our biggest game of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our biggest game of the season

I know that there have been a lot of big games this season, however, looking to the month ahead, Norwich really is the one that really stands out for me.

They are a big team, a big fan base and one of the very few that could compete with us in the second half of this season. If we beat them, for me, it would be our biggest win of the season, would put us 11 (effectively 12) points clear of them and make the automatic promotion push a four horse race.

I think Swansea are a great passing team, but lack a cutting edge, Cardiff will blow up and are already showing signs of doing so whilst Leeds and Norwich are the ones we should be looking at most.

Some very good points there but to use an old cliche the next game is always the most important

I think Norwich will be a very tough game but I cannot see them being in the mix at the end of the season as traditionally there is always one side that gets promoted and blows up after Christmas

Reading are the dark horses for me and I still think Cardiff will be there or thereabouts at the end

I am actually more nervous before every game this season thinking we might blow it and start dropping down the league but week after week this team of ours shows it has the bottle as well as the teamwork to keep going under immense pressure

Comment

Good post Conners.

Agree with Isleworth though in the respect every game is our 'biggest' game now. I'm not gonna lie though Norwich away has always been a tough fixture & I am worried about this one.

But at the same time if we play how we know we can play it should be Norwich worrying about us.

2-1 Rangers.

Comment

I think having the points cushion is going to take some of the pressure off and allow us to play the game we want. Beating you closest is always the biggest, that's why the win against Cardiff was so important.

There will be bigger games this season as we are going to lose another game at some point, but while we have a big cushion we can afford to lose one at some point. No one else can.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

This will be a tough game. Norwich are in form and confident, a bit like Leeds were.

I really hope we can get points there because we have also got some confidence back after taking max points in the last 2 games, but realistically we can afford to lose this game without starting to panic.

Hypothetically, if we had lost our last 2 games we would now still be top, and we would have been on a losing run of 4 consecutive. Being 7 points clear is massive imo. Cardiffs current form is very poor, in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league, and Swansea are very average too.

Comment

Nottingham Forest will the biggest threat imo. they have a got a coupls of really dangerous strikers.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Just read that Norwich have 5 first team regulars out for this one.

Seems like they are there for the taking.

Comment

When you are top of the league all the games ar big because everbody is trying to beat you and busting a gut to do so. we just need to show our quality.be happy with a point & 3 against Bristol

Comment

Let's put the remaining 23 games in perspective. I don't care who we play. For the last 5 seasons, 82 points at the end of it would guarantee automatic promotion 4 seasons out of 5.

So if we win 10 games against anyone and draw 5 we should get automatic. All the other teams will continue to beat each other - Cardiff play Leeds next week. I am just looking for 10 wins against anyone.

Be nice to win the next 2 though.

Comment

Qprtrev. Great post & really does hit home how close we are to the promised land if we keep up this superb form.

Comment

Working...
                    X