Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If rumours about Rowlands were true.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be gone in January IMO.

Warnock will start him at Blackburn, along with some of the other peripheral figures and those needing games - but that will be it. Cerny, Agyemang, Ephraim, Hulse, Borrowdale, Mahon, Parker etc will all get a run

Comment

Stupid idea unless we've got someone else lined up.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Rowlands is a very good player at this level and we would be crazy to sell him.

Looked lively and a few nice balls yesterday.

He is definately good enough and we should be looking at selling legs and vine or paying him off before someone like rowlands.

There is a thing on this board for a dislike for old players.
        Ok they have been a shinning light in a rubbish team but I am sure rowlands can do a job, cook I would say is probably finished but rowlands has come back from this injury before.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Rowlands is a very good player at this level and we would be crazy to sell him.

Looked lively and a few nice balls yesterday.

He is definately good enough and we should be looking at selling legs and vine or paying him off before someone like rowlands.

Ok they have been a shinning light in a rubbish team but I am sure rowlands can do a job, cook I would say is probably finished but rowlands has come back from this injury before.
          I'd like to have a sensible debate with you so lets keep this real and not turn it into a slanging thread... do you think you can handle it?

:strive:

WEAREQPR - I have to disagree with you on this one. He is now just average Championship midfielder, and has been for the past season or so, nothing more. Don't get carried away with the old memories you have of him and get sucked into the fact that because he's a local lad it makes him special or that he plays for your team so that makes him great. If he was a 'very good midfielder' then he would have a CV to support that too. He doesn't and until people realised that for the past 5 or so years he's played for an promotion winning division 1 side and average Championship side in that being us. Only the past 2 season have we really kicked on and he has barely played.

Don't get me wrong he's been a good servant to QPR and at times has been our stand out best player, but that's only because as I have said we was just an average Championship side. Age is no longer on his side and he doesn't manage to play more than 25 games a season anymore (in fact only 3 seasons has he managed to play 40+ games) and we have got a lot more stronger under Warnock too. Our players who are much stronger, physical and better equipped than he is now. At best he is a fringe player; however he feels he is a first 11 player. Do we keep as a sub perhaps ruining his last few golden years before he hangs up his boots or do we cut our losses and look at getting someone of a better age in with potential? No brainer in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

I don't think it's dislike for old players as Derry gets praised on here

It's Rowlands in particular that don't fit in with the current team

Don't want to keep players on the basis what they done years back

Comment

I agree with what you posted Dazzer and you made some very good points.

However it is very hard to judge where rowlands is with regards to fitness.

Before he got injured I felt he was playing really well and got into the rep ireland squad which is not the same as stepping into scotland.

I am looking at rowlands as being a bit part player, and getting 10 out of 23 games out of him. Maybe that is being selfish. I have no problem him moving on which would be fair on the lad but I would rather we concentrated on areas which are more crucial and that is centre back and centre forward IMHO. Rowlands is a very good squad player and thats where I guess our opinions differ.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

If he can do a job NW will keep him , problem is getting him match fit . this is NW last chance of a go at the prem , and sentiment or personal fueds will not get in his way . So if Rowlands can do a job short term so be it .
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

If he has gone above the managers head or such like he should go.

Really like Martin, been a fantastic servent but if thats the way it works out then i wouldnt blame Warnock.
                  Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

If anyone comes in for Rowly either on loan or to buy he'll be off. NW has said as much. He and the likes of Clarke, Aggymang are only getting 10 mins to keep them in the picture for the F A Cup tie.

Rowly has been a good servant of our club, but as some have pointed out previously, he was a good player in a very average league 1 team, a bit like Beattie at Southampton. Good players in average/bad teams always stand out, but when put in a team of better than average players (Beattie at Everton), Rowlands in our current team, they struggle and more often are shocking.

Yesterday Rowland's was pants, and the shot he had against Swansea should have at least hit the target, not Row z of the upper loft! Time to thank him and move on. If we are going to continue our success we need to focus on our better players. I doubt we will see Cook play championship football for us again either.
                    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Working...
                    X