Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obsession with quick long punts up field from Kenny.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsession with quick long punts up field from Kenny.....

not working at the moment! Can we please try some other tactics!

Every time the ball just goes straight back to the opposition.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

I noticed this too

Theres plenty of times he could of thrown it wide to play the ball upfield but always punts it

Apart from that Kenny has been outstanding so far

Comment

Agree, its been one of my bug-bears all season. Early on it was working because Helguson was knocking it down to on-coming players but with Hulse the idea seems to flick it on yet further up field, but no one is ever there to receive it. Mackie has given up making runs, Tabs is too deep and Smith too wide.

Comment

With all due respect, lads...isn't this EXACTLY what all 'keepers do? I think you'd be hard pushed to find a goalie who plays the short ball more often than kicking it as far as he can.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          With all due respect, lads...isn't this EXACTLY what all 'keepers do? I think you'd be hard pushed to find a goalie who plays the short ball more often than kicking it as far as he can.
          The Swansea keeper does, De Vries, so not that hard pushed.

Comment

I think if he rolled the ball out, it wouldn't only surprise us fans but surprise the opposition also. All our goal clearances, free kicks and corners are predictable and easy to defend against and often concede possession cheaply.

Hard to wear the opposition down and dominate a game when we give up possession so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
              The Swansea keeper does, De Vries, so not that hard pushed.
              And you know this because you've seen him so many times this season?

Fair point then mate.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Would be good if Hulse won a few, than it would be worth it.

You can see Warnock plays the percentage ball, even throw ins they never go back or short
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

He's obviously been told by Warnock. Mix it up, but don't do it every time!
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Warnock said yesterday that every time we have possession we always try to attack and score and you don't always have to do that. Which I think translates as keeping possession is just an important part of the game and wears the opposition down or at least gives them something to worry about.

Comment

And you know this because you've seen him so many times this season?

Fair point then mate.
                      Correct.

Seen him many times on TV and vs QPR home and away over the past few seasons, he's well known for it, and he does it well.

Comment

Disagree with you there mate (unusually). Cerny always played out from the back (maybe too much) but Kenny is lumping every single ball forward. I can honestly say that I can't remember seeing Kenny throw out a clearance. I'm not blaming him because as Hammersmith rightly says that must be the order but surely we need to vary just occasionally. In Walker and Connolly we have two defenders who can play it out from the back and last season Faurlin would drop deep to pick up the ball. I'm not a complete purist and if route one were working then fine, but it clearly isn't. Of course I respect Warnock's greater knowledge but I would be interested to hear him explain why it makes sense to have plenty of talented ball players but to bypass them whenever possible...

Comment

maybe we're supposed to win the second ball in their third of the field

Comment

Irrespective of form/tactics I thought our first dozen or so games were charactersised by us deploying a very high tempo or intensity that most of the opposition could not handle. A lot of teams wilted and our goals came late on in games. Paddy's quick releases upfield were an integral part of this, and, to be fair to Paddy his distribution was ace and he always picked up an Rs player. Why this has all gone awry in past two games is a mystery. Overall I'd be content for Paddy to continue with his fast recycling of the ball upfield and I back Hulse and/or Helgusson to start thriving again sooner rather than later.

Comment

helguson cant thrive from the bench. hes the understudy to hulse now. so its hulse you have to put your positive optimism in. not that i share it in him goal scoring wise tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X