Warnock issues threat to two of his defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock issues threat to two of his defenders

QPR'S central defenders have been warned they will be axed if there is a repeat of last Friday's calamity against Watford when they take on Leeds at Elland Road.

More...

Really couldn't believe how bad Connolly was , i know it wasn't all down to the centre backs but he really had one.

Comment

Problem is, drop them for who exactly?

Both good in the air, slow on the floor, but its a 'best we've got' situation.

Comment

He needs to have a word with Dave Mac, find out who's really to blame!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
          Problem is, drop them for who exactly?
          Fitz Hall and Keith Curle.

Comment

It was warnock's fault the back two were continually exposed to three and four watford player breakaways when both fullbacks were left stranded up the pitch because of the fast counter-attacks.

He could, and should have adapted tactics in-running to contain their threat. Both players were stretched in as who to deal with, and it was only luck that the score stayed somewhat respectable.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come that other personnel get blamed for his tactical failings. I fear the super-ego is still there.

Comment

imho opinion gorkks is woeful n connolly a tad overated by some fans...........both slower than a lame tortoise and postionally inept!!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

It's probably an excuse in advance for getting better CB's in after Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                  imho opinion gorkks is woeful n connolly a tad overated by some fans...........both slower than a lame tortoise and postionally inept!!
                  After the Bristol City live game i came on here to say how concerned i was at our CB's alarming lack of pace and i got slaughtered for it. Cant see you getting the same stick i got somehow Facto

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                    Right up there as one of the most ridiculous and bullsh*t posts i have ever read.

Out of all 92 teams in the entire football league only Port Vale have conceded fewer goals than us. 10 in 19 games.

Even Man u have conceded more than us having played fewer games.

Thanks to Connolly and Gorkks (as well as the rest of defence) we have conceded fewer goals than 90 other teams so far this season and in doing so have only lost 1 game in 20.

Pardon me, but in my book that really doesn't make one of them Woeful and the other Overated and neither are positionally inept. Surely those stats above wouldn't exist if if they were.

Like I said - ridiculous post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                      After the Bristol City live game i came on here to say how concerned i was at our CB's alarming lack of pace and i got slaughtered for it. Cant see you getting the same stick i got somehow Facto

I agree with you as far as the speed is concerned!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                        Right up there as one of the most ridiculous and bullsh*t posts i have ever read.

Out of all 92 teams in the entire football league only Port Vale have conceded fewer goals than us. 10 in 19 games.

Even Man u have conceded more than us having played fewer games.

Thanks to Connolly and Gorkks (as well as the rest of defence) we have conceded fewer goals than 90 other teams so far this season and in doing so have only lost 1 game in 20.

Pardon me, but in my book that really doesn't make one of them Woeful and the other Overated and neither are positionally inept. Surely those stats above wouldn't exist if if they were.

Like I said - ridiculous post.

thats your entitled opinion......lets be bluntly honest........we have had more than our share of luck at the back which appears to have run out...............kenny has saved his cb's in one on ones many many times.............do you disagree???
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

If the fullbacks are bombing upfield and leaving the wings exposed, what are the centre-backs supposed to do? That's why God created the counter attack, and told Man to keep possession.

Comment

Working...
                          X