Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo boys forced legs out.. says warnock

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...2029-27831229/
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

He is right.

A player who touches the ball and gets groans. I'd leave too
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

to an extent id agree pete.. but im sorry we need people abit tougher than that..
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Hmmm.

Shame really. When he came to us he was one of our better players by far.

Always got stuck in and he scored a few as well. Scored some belters too.

Have to say though that his distribution and general passing was pretty poor and let him down more often than not.

Wish him well wherever he ends up.

Comment

The treatment he got was a little unfair but simple fact is that he is not good enough if we are planning to get promoted and play in the top flight. Some shocking performances despite his best efforts.

Comment

AHHH !!

I'm starting to feel sorry for him !!

For £ 10 k + a week he should at least be able to kick a football in a straight line!

If we get a fee for him then consider it a bonus!

Comment

How can warnock say that, he is strong enough to not worry about a few groans from fans.
              He persisted in playing Ephraim for game after game despite fans wanting him out.

Warnock got rid of Legs because Warnock wanted too, make no bones about that!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                How can warnock say that, he is strong enough to not worry about a few groans from fans.
                He persisted in playing Ephraim for game after game despite fans wanting him out.

Exactly what i was thinking,bit of a cop out from Warnock,where exactly did he want to play someone whose first touch is woeful and fails to pass a ball 2 yards to his own payers.

Comment

Last line... very true.

But to be fair to Warnocks interview, Hogan Ephraim didn't get the stick/groaning at games that Legs got lately.

Typing critisism on internet messageboards about Ephraim/Legs/whoever... isn't what NW was on about.

You could physically hear the recent groaning at Leigertwood, and so could Warnock.
                  And so could Leigertwood.
                  Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

He did his job, he was okay and he replaced some dead wood.
                    But he simple isn't good enough, you get boos for a reason ( Legs should take a tree
                    out of Mackies book )
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

If he didn't keep passing to the opposition he wouldn't hear groans. Be fair he's been poor for the last couple of seasons and the main reason he has gone is NW does not rate him and he can't get in the team. Easy to blame the fans, is it us that got rid of Vine and are pushing Rowlands out.
                      Times change and players have to move on we need better players if we are going to push on to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by hemelhoop View Post
                        If he didn't keep passing to the opposition he wouldn't hear groans. Be fair he's been poor for the last couple of seasons and the main reason he has gone is NW does not rate him and he can't get in the team. Easy to blame the fans, is it us that got rid of Vine and are pushing Rowlands out.
                        Times change and players have to move on we need better players if we are going to push on to the next level.
                        well said.. i feel neil didnt have to say anything on this matter.. not too fussed but for me if your a pro footballer playing at the level he is then he should be able to take some groans and criticism.

i think that QPR generation of players (rowlands, routledge, legs, hall basically the lot under magilton etc) had no backbone.. no charisma to stand up and work hard to win people over.. hence now when we do have those with backbone and charisma (derry, kenny, hill etc) you dont hear complaints.

take the clint hill thread.. clint as we all know isnt best left back in the league.. but he gives 110% every game and that is enough for a lot of fans to exempt him from the likes of criticism that legs was getting and those who showed no character last season.

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Spot on Jeffro. Far be it for me to dis our great leader but a) if there were boos, I didn't hear them. b) there were certainly groans when Legs once again gave the ball away or mis conrtrolled it or got caught in possession and c) if Warnock really rated him he wouldn't let a few negative remarks from the fans stop him picking Legs!!!!

Smacks of Warnock talking up the player to get a few extra quid from the fake hoops if you ask me. In which case - fair play!!!
                          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Maybe he wouldn't get groans from certain fans if he didn't have the touch of a r@pist. The fella couldn't trap a bag of cement so people will get the needle.

NW deflecting a bit of blame there I think.

Comment

Did Legs get systematic booing or was it more exasperation? To be honest I'd never boo or slate a player during a game but, if the player horrifically misplaces a simple 15yd pass (as Legs seemed to do a lot) I'd let out a groan/cry of anguish... "arrghhh F-F-F-Fah Urggh" sort of thing. 10,000 people doing that simultaneously, plus the odd fan actually screaming "YOU'RE RUBBISH!!!" isn't really abuse and player ought to have more spine and be able to accept it for what it is.... anguish/exasperation/disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                              X