Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could You Name The QPR Team at Your First Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost 3-2 at home to Wimbledon in May 90 not sure on team.

Comment

I can't even remember the first game, let alone the team, it was that long ago. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I''ll have a hunt around for some of the teams in next few days
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

parkes
          clement
          webb
          leach
          mclintock
          gillard
          masson
          thomas
          francis
          bowles
          givens

as far as i can remember 75/76
          QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

george bests last man u game was my first. aint got a clue what year let alone the qpr side. im pretty certain bowles and dave thomas were in it tho. so might of been 73/74

Comment

Forest (h) 92-93. Cracking game, we won 4-3 with a Sir Les hattrick - Clive Wilson got the other one (may have been from the spot?)

Can't remember the lineup, but would have imagined something along the lines of:
              Stejskal; Bardsley, McDonald, Peacock, Wilson; Impey, Holloway, Wilkins, Sinton; Ferdinand, Allen.

Comment

I went to four games in the 78-79 season, Wolves, Leeds and Ipswich at home and Chelsea away. Chelsea away was class we won 3-1. We got relegated that year and I do remember Bob Hazell playing for Wolves. I've got programmes somewhere.

Comment

this thread is making me feel old...apart from the token really oldies who seem to have been around since our first ever match.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

My first game was QPR v Leicester City, 6th Round FA Cup in 1974. We lost 0-2. The attendance that day at Loftus Road was 34,989. Who says we couldn't fill a bigger stadium !!

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterPoundeR View Post
                      My first game was QPR v Leicester City, 6th Round FA Cup in 1974. We lost 0-2. The attendance that day at Loftus Road was 34,989. Who says we couldn't fill a bigger stadium !!
                      Hmm. That is one that sticks in the memory from my growing up days. I didn't go to it but Joe Waters scored twice, I think...?

Comment

first game 1962 White City

Ray Drinkwater in goal

Rest of the team i think was Keith Rutter,Mike Keen,Andy Malcolm,
                        Mark Lazarus,Jimmy Dugdale,Brian Bedford,Tony Ingham,Peter Angell,
                        Micky Barber and Arthur Longbottom.

First game on return to White City Oct 1962,i was 9,didnt see any
                        footie game postponed due to waterlogged pitch.

Taken by me Uncle who was tic-tac man at the White city dogs,
                        happy days.

Ive got the programme somewhere along with loads of others.

Comment

Working...
                        X