Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Forum

hi,

i am not sure if anyone will be able to help.

I am always logged on in this board - when i log onto the internet and come to this page there are threads in dark blue that i havent obvioulsy read. After i have read them they go light blue.

Once i have read what i want to read i go off and do other things on the internet or log off..

When i return to this page maybe later or the following day the threads that i have read and not had any further posts on them are dark blue again - indicating that i havent viewed them... does anyone know why my PC does this?

this is quite hard to explain but hope makes sense

Thanks in advance if any of you know or reply...

Matt

All i can say is i know they go dark blue again when someone has added something, so that you know there is something new to read on that thread should it interest you or not (and that is whether you have viewed it or not).

Re them going dark blue when not having new posts and after you have read them that is something you would have to take up with the moderators, they may be able to explain it to you.

I know posts must have a sort of 'use by date' as some are no longer in bold after a while but i don't know how long that is.

Hope i have helped, or not as the case may be?
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

yes thanks for the response....

it seems that when i close the browser... it forgets everything i have done... strange and a bit frustrating...

thanks again

Comment

Clearing your cache or cookies might be the answer. It might also be caused by logging out, so just try leaving it set to automatic log in.

Comment

ok... i am always logged in - it seems to happen when i x the browser....

but yes clearing cache maybe the answer but how do i do that...?

Comment

Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
            it seems that when i close the browser... it forgets everything i have done...
            It sometimes happens with my Firefox too, sometimes browsers just do not close instantly so it can actually crash when you think it is already closed. Progress, eh...
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
              clearing cache maybe the answer but how do i do that...?
              It varies from browser to browser. Usually its: tools then options, then on one of the tabs there's an option for clearing your history and cookies.

Comment

ok thanks mate.... will give it a try......

Comment

Does the same with me also.
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

Looks like you've posted this twice, I replied to you on the other thread.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...d=1#post492515

Comment

Working...
                    X