Why we will go up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we will go up

I could not get to the game so I am probably bit more level headed than most regarding the result.

I still maintain we will go up because:
    i) Warnock and the players will be seriously wounded by Friday nights result and will not want a repeat
    ii) Warnock has yet to lose a game that matters
    iii) Our board have been around a few years now. We are top with a game in hand and we have seen what the opposition is like. This league is for the taking THIS season. If they mess it up at this point they may as well walk away. They want the promised land of the Premiership and I am sure will BUY again in January.

If anything a defeat on Friday and another before year out will almost certainly see us adding the required individuals to win us automatic promotion.

If we had continued unbeaten til Janauary we may have kept pretty much the same squad.

I agree.Didn't lose to much ground as Cardiff lost.

Sometimes these un beaten runs can hamper you and i think we will lose another game before Jan 1st.This will I hope,inspire the board to dabble in market to strengthen a very good squad.

Two or three additions in inject a boost into the squad is what is needed.

For me, the most luck lustre performance of the season.....but...can't really grumble.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
      Although I am not getting carried away - I fail to see how that makes any sense.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Well done Boro...

Comment

Only disagreement with the original post is that every game counts mate.

I said the same thing Friday at the game to my pal, that the monkey is off our back now with regards to pressure on the players to not lose unbeaten run. Also it showed the board we are very beatable so investment is a must in certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
            I could not get to the game so I am probably bit more level headed than most regarding the result.

I still maintain we will go up because:
            i) Warnock and the players will be seriously wounded by Friday nights result and will not want a repeat
            iii) Our board have been around a few years now. We are top with a game in hand and we have seen what the opposition is like. This league is for the taking THIS season. If they mess it up at this point they may as well walk away. They want the promised land of the Premiership and I am sure will BUY again in January.

If anything a defeat on Friday and another before year out will almost certainly see us adding the required individuals to win us automatic promotion.

If we had continued unbeaten til Janauary we may have kept pretty much the same squad.

Decent enough post... but I don't think watching the game on the telly made anyone more level headed about friday.

In some cases, the total opposite.

The fans on friday weren't moaning at the end, no booing, no bad reaction.
            Clapped the team off the pitch as it goes.
            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
              Decent enough post... but I don't think watching the game on the telly made anyone more level headed about friday.

Very True,after watching the game, my missus said to me....you don't seem very dissapointed...I said...i am, but putting things into perspective, i m still very happy with where we are at moment.

A very good point about the crowd Goddard.Friday night, cold bad time of year.Despite penalty turned down, offside third goal and a very poor performance and getting beaten by bloomin Watford....the crowd seemed to react...just like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

Goddard, work commitments meant that i didnt even get to see the game on TV either. I recorded it but felt no positives would come out of watching it. Stilll felt sick having seen the result mind.

Warnock has said before that we will get tonked occasionally but lets see if we can react the same way as we did after the Port Vale defeat.

Comment

Working...
                X